Edinburgh Derby Thread - The Ghost of David Brent Past

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Not block 7 biggest fan myself but that’s poor from the club. 

Group statements… fucking hell. Take themselves way too seriously. This is pishy old firm ultra levels of ‘shut up and gies peace’. Fannies. 
Angry Oh No GIF by CBC

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Montys sound, Johnsons a little fucking fanny that played for a turd coloured mob at their hight of money laundering and financial doping.   Correct that please :) 

Monty could send warm milk to sleep, mate. A total borehemoth.

3 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Montgomery sounds alright, but I can't help but feel that agreeing to be part of this experiment is somewhat of a mask-slip moment.... 😂

But agreeing to having them film Hearts eating lunch is ok?

It's all just nonsense stuff dreamed up by Sky, nobody is seething about this except - apparently - you.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Aye because naibadges would win sports personality of the year right enough :lol: 

Absolutely not, no. It surely isn’t news to you that Monty is like someone crafted him out of grey plasticine though? 😄

39 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

But agreeing to having them film Hearts eating lunch is ok?

It's all just nonsense stuff dreamed up by Sky, nobody is seething about this except - apparently - you.

We told them to GTF with the mic stuff. Behind the scenes stuff is generally done anyway,  full access to the changing room and dugout for a Derby is shite. It just doesnt have enough of an upside to be worthwhile IMO. It's not the A-League.

If Hibs were to lose, no matter what Montgomery says he'll have holes picked in it.

As for the game, I'm pretty happy with the shape we are in going into this. 6 wins out of 8, we look solid, our away form has been very good in the main and we also looked pretty dangerous against St Mirren.

Shankland is flying. Oda looked sharp, as did Forrest. Mckay got his first start in ages. 

Best approach for this is to attack as Hibs look guff at the back. They have good attacking players so don't just sit and invite them on.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We told them to GTF with the mic stuff. Behind the scenes stuff is generally done anyway,  full access to the changing room and dugout for a Derby is shite. It just doesnt have enough of an upside to be worthwhile IMO. It's not the A-League.

If Hibs were to lose, no matter what Montgomery says he'll have holes picked in it.

Shrugs GIF

I wont see any of the coverage as I will be at the game anyway.

Montgomery did this in the A League, and Hibs also had the bench mic'd up in pre season - it was really interesting to see a management team interact with the players / discuss tactics.

The Hibs bench came across really well in that experiment, but I can understand why Naismith wouldnt want anyone seeing him operate.

Whether you agree with this as a concept or not, its not the big deal that some might have you think.

On the game itself, Hearts are in a good vein of form, the Massive Heid is scoring for fun and their fans will be confident.

Good.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

As for the game, I'm pretty happy with the shape we are in going into this. 6 wins out of 8, we look solid, our away form has been very good in the main and we also looked pretty dangerous against St Mirren.

Shankland is flying. Oda looked sharp, as did Forrest. Mckay got his first start in ages. 

Best approach for this is to attack as Hibs look guff at the back. They have good attacking players so don't just sit and invite them on.

The best appriach is to attack Hibs, because going to Easter Road any other way will get the dafties on Naismith's back again.

That and what you said, their defence is poor and the midfield don't do much to protect them

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Shrugs GIF

Montgomery did this in the A League, and Hibs also had the bench mic'd up in pre season - it was really interesting to see a management team interact with the players / discuss tactics.

The Hibs bench came across really well in that experiment, but I can understand why Naismith wouldnt want anyone seeing him operate.

Whether you agree with this as a concept or not, its not the big deal that some might have you think.

On the game itself, Hearts are in a good vein of form, the Massive Heid is scoring for fun and their fans will be confident.

Good.

I was thinking about this yesterday. We have went to Easter Rd over-confident before and it hasn't worked out as expected.

I think it is different this time as half the support still haven't taken to Naismith so he is still on trial, some fans just don't trust him so there will be a certain amount of confidence but not as before.

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

half the support still haven't taken to Naismith so he is still on trial,

6 wins in the last 8 or something and still on trial?

Football fans (and not just hearts fans) are mental sometimes.................

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Shrugs GIF

Good.

I'm no overly fussed by it tbh, just think it's a bit shite. Seen it in other leagues and I don't think it works well in such a big game. Same as you I'll be at the game so it won't impact me, but you can bet the fans watching at home will be overanalysing anything said even if its banal pish.

What are these “antics” that the wee idiots who released the statement got up to? Read a few Hibs supporters mentioning them threatening other fans? 

Loving the disharmony and everything, so edgy like their Goon Brigade heroes. Just seems a little bit counterproductive to supporting their team.

18 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Not block 7 biggest fan myself but that’s poor from the club. 

I'm bored of ultras shite these days and try and be environmentally aware but is utterly pathetic from the club if true. Scottish football is rather strange, despite most clubs relying on match day income as their main source of income the general disdain for the game going fan makes little sense sometimes.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'm bored of ultras shite these days and try and be environmentally aware but is utterly pathetic from the club if true. Scottish football is rather strange, despite most clubs relying on match day income as their main source of income the general disdain for the game going fan makes little sense sometimes.

Apparently this lot show their fellow Hibs fans disdain by threatening them with violence, if they do not move out their way. I reckon Hibs are doing the right thing here. If they did not stick up for the general supporters, then eventually some of them will naturally take matters in to their own hands and you end up with scrapping in the stands.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

6 wins in the last 8 or something and still on trial?

Football fans (and not just hearts fans) are mental sometimes.................

We've had what feels like 10 years of garbage. It's not his weight to carry but that's the way it goes. Fans getting fed up with it all.