Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

Poor to chuck away the points when 2-0 up at home. Think our poorest performances have come when we go top of the league. Loss to Airdrie and two poor draws at home. Maybe points to a mentality thing. Winning at Tannadice was great but feels like it has made us a little complacent. Easton the last two games has over played at times when finding the simple pass might have been more effective. We also miss Stanton badly. Overall where we are in the league is beyond expectations. Have never thought anyone was going to finish ahead of United given their resources so to be where we are and even competing is incredible. 

Despite disappointment with the result, can’t deny Ali Adams his moment. Reminds me a bit of Brian Potter, came on, did something special and becomes an instant cult hero. Good luck to the guy. This is what football at our level is all about.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

How was his pie though? 

It wasn't though tbh. 

He wasn't happy with his own performance today at all. Could see he was frustrated with his touch etc more and more as the game went on. 

I thought the interview was a bit off too tbh - didn’t like it.

When Raith scored a last minute winner earlier in the month Murray had went mental and started shouting get it up you etc and you’re going down to people in the stand and don’t think the Arbroath board or management were overly happy with his behaviour.

So maybe Murray just feels like he had a bit of egg on his puss after a barebones Arbroath team with their second choice keeper upfront had just somehow snatched 2 points off his team he’d thought had won the league 2 weeks prior. 

I like Raith they seem like good guys - don’t like Ian Murray very much and found it pleasing he is extremely annoyed at todays events. 

Can see how the ‘embarrassing’ take might seem to Arbroath fans, but actually glad from a Rovers point of view that he’s a bit angry. Defensively the last two games have been a bit of a joke and think it’s helpful to call that out honestly. Hopefully we get a reaction against the Pars. 

Noticed  his GiRUY to someone in the main stand at Gayfield. He’s usually fairly mild mannered so presumed someone behind him had been giving him abuse.

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wee team don’t actually believe they are serious title contenders, surely?

United have every advantage available and even scoring late goals just about every single week has only kept you level pegging. Luck like that will always turn.

Still, a very good chance to compete in the play-off final and relegate Aberdeen.

I think after beating Utd at Tannadice, and deserving it, to go 5 points clear it was perfectly sensible to feel we had a wee shout.  Dont think anyone would have left that match thinking Utd were champions elect.  How we reacted to the pressure and expectation after that game was always going to say a lot though.

I haven't felt we've been overly convincing, and do feel the late goals have papered over a few cracks, but again I don't think it's unfair to say that we've placed 4 points directly into the bin over the past week - from excellent positions.  Given Utd dropped points last week as well, it's particularly frustrating.

Don't think there's anything wrong at all with Murrays interview.  When you are 2-0 up, 15 mins to go, have the wealth of options that we have and the opposition have been forced to play the goalie up top - you have to win the game.  Granted, he takes a fair chunk of blame for that, but still.  

9 hours ago, embow said:

Highlights up on Facebook.

That's some strike from the sub keeper

Kev just a fraction too far off his line but take nothing away from the goalscorer. He'd not do that again out of another 99 attempts.

We wasted a lot of chances (especially early on ) despite scoring two.

Jack Hamilton didn't look too happy at either of the goals. Was he playing things down because it was against Arbroath?

I hope so. We gave him his big break - and he was terrific for us. 

7 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Can see how the ‘embarrassing’ take might seem to Arbroath fans, but actually glad from a Rovers point of view that he’s a bit angry. Defensively the last two games have been a bit of a joke and think it’s helpful to call that out honestly. Hopefully we get a reaction against the Pars. 

Noticed  his GiRUY to someone in the main stand at Gayfield. He’s usually fairly mild mannered so presumed someone behind him had been giving him abuse.

Manager is a shitebag, that is all

Jack Hamilton good guy

Edited by ecto

Well…. where do i start

This thread has been a cracking read as i lie in my bed hungover with one eye open after a great day out in kirkcaldy. First of all i hope the gentleman who collapsed in the stand is ok. It was me that just about collapsed when ali adams scored an absolute rocket to get us back in the game, what a goal, what a guy! Credit to the whole team who literally down to the bare bones did not give up, could end up being a valuable point.

Unfortunately the goal and comeback papered over the fact that was an utterly embarrassing situation the campbells left us in and the board need to take some responsibility. To be in the 2nd flight of scottish football and have to bring your sub keeper on up front is sunday league stuff at best. Not mcintyre’s fault and im sure it will be addressed in January.

Now i’ll better sober up and look my boots out for tuesday.

Edited by afc_36_0

12 hours ago, grumswall said:

When are you away back state side? Thought it was a nice touch by the club giving yourself and the other people who had travelled a shout out, even if doing it a minute before halftime was baffling. 

It was a bad omen, if you ask me (typed from the Heathrow Departure Lounge).

11 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

So hold on. We’ve not only ruined the Texas lads homecoming but Ali Adams has the boy from the telly raging? 

lovely 

Thhhhpppttttt! But, to be honest, while watching that collapse hurt, seeing a definite candidate for GotY in Fitba overall eases the pain. I’d been joking IM should have sent Thomson on at striker too…and then the lad hit that cracker absolutely perfectly, fair play to him. Does he have any background as a field player?

I feel sorry for you Tx, that’s the coldest I’ve been at Starks for a long time, we didn’t play well, the result wasn’t great and the atmosphere was a bit flat. 
Hope you still enjoyed the hospitality though, and maybe come next year for our first game in the premier 😜

55 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That really is an absolutely tremendous strike from the big keeper. When I saw Arbroath were having to resort to flinging him on my first thought was “if those two fannys didn’t start their handbags with each other last week”. 

How did he play outwith the wonder goal? 

He looked like a goalkeeper playing outfield! 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That really is an absolutely tremendous strike from the big keeper. When I saw Arbroath were having to resort to flinging him on my first thought was “if those two fannys didn’t start their handbags with each other last week”. 

How did he play outwith the wonder goal? 

Realistically, he lumbered about like a goalie playing outfield, you don't realise how big goalies are until you see them lurching around midfield, towering over other players.  I don't think anyone took him seriously, its why he essentially got the freedom of the stadium.  Nobody was closing him down for his wonder goal because nobody on either side expected him to be able to do that.  After that, he was actually marked properly, and he did play a role in taking short corners, pressuring people etc.  He didn't suddenly look like a striker or anything like that though!

All at TASC would like to wish you and your family a very happy new year. Listed below are some stats from our TASC away days in 2023

Buses - 21
Miles Travelled - 4,330
Wins - 7
Losses - 9
Draws - 5
Goals Scored - 25
Goals Conceded - 39

Thank you for your continued support throughout 2023, We can’t wait to see you back on the buses supporting our Lichties in 2024 🇱🇻

That's surely the best goal a goalkeeper has ever scored, 

It will be something that's talked about for years and actually deserves more praise and publicity,

I wasn't fully behind the choice of manager but the difference in a few weeks has been remarkable, hopefully a few new faces on January and there is a lot more to be positive about,