Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic - Goodbye 2023

3 hours ago, railwayend said:

Bang on . And we can’t park the bus either . We just don’t have the players to keep the ball or defend for long periods of time . Just get at them and see what happens should be our tactic until we get players who can play in multiple systems .  This means that every game is a hard game for us , but it is what it is .

We are Kevin Keagan’s Newcastle

Thought we did well at EEP and probably match up quite well with Dunfermline, but on the other hand we're garbage at home and always capable of snatching a defeat from any game once the substitutions begin. Throw in the shortage of defenders and some shaky goalkeeping and I'd be reluctant to confidently predict a victory.

I know BGM is Bullen, but what does it stand for?

Always be a legend at the Pars and from the outside it's good to see him do well in management; however the Ayr fans aren't too happy and subbing off (and not playing) Armatey seems to be a big bug bear. Seems a cautious manager which is weird as he was a striker by trade then a forward thinking full back later on in his career. 

Probably won't make this which is a shame as it's a good away day, but our away record is better than our home so I'm hopeful we can get at least a point. 

7 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Isn't Bullen a bit of a legend at EEP? Maybe take him home with you if he starts the shite subs routine.

Would do that tbf. Not necessarily to be involved in the playing side but he and others could stand outside the ground to give me and other fans a warm fuzzy feeling driving by and be paid in tooting horns.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

know BGM is Bullen, but what does it stand for?

Always be a legend at the Pars and from the outside it's good to see him do well in management; however the Ayr fans aren't too happy and subbing off (and not playing) Armatey seems to be a big bug bear. Seems a cautious manager which is weird as he was a striker by trade then a forward thinking full back later on in his career. 

Don’t let the views (sometimes justified) of about a dozen guys on here lead you to believe that Bullen is hugely unpopular with the Ayr supporters in general . This is simply not true . Some on here would like to blame him for the cost of living crisis and the war in Gaza . I guess that’s what you get on forums some times . 
The football side of the club is just about performing to expectations. 5th or 6th is about where we’re at atm . Maybe the second half of the season will see an improvement in our form and have a craic at 4th . Whatever ! Anyway the guy is knocking his pan in for the club right now and that good enough for most of us . 

That's up there with that Wattoo post claiming he'd never met a single person who wanted Bullen sacked.  

I think there has always been a section of our support who think that the bare minimum of working hard is all there is to football so I don't doubt they will be absolutely love having a manager like Bullen who talks about "running harder".  To say it's the majority suggests you either aren't paying attention or are just rejecting reality. 

There was actual calls and songs for him to go (loudly) in the stadium this season and while I don't understand why they have stopped (apathy?), we have failed to win in 8 of the 11 games since that was happening so it's pretty unlikely people have decided he'll now do again.  

Injury wise I think Bene won't start but make the bench after 8 weeks out. Hamilton, KRH, Andy Tod and McCann will definately be out. Breen now back and I think Fisher will be ready to start again after a few weeks out.

My predicted line-up

------------------Mehmet--------------

--------Comrie-----Fisher-----Breen

O'Halloran----Allan-------Otoo---------Edwards

-------------------Todd----------------

--------------Moffat-----Jakubiak-------

Subs

Bene, Chalmers, Wighton, Summers,Fenton, Sharp

Ayr are one of the better sides I've seen this season. The were totally dominant against us 1st half at East End and should've racked up 4or 5 that day.

It's a big loss losing Chris Hamilton. He would've been important defensively against a dangerous Ayr attack. 

I would again take a point from this one because we've not been great recently. I think we will lose this one 3-1 and probably another long term injury somewhere along the line.

On 25/12/2023 at 01:11, railwayend said:

Don’t let the views (sometimes justified) of about a dozen guys on here lead you to believe that Bullen is hugely unpopular with the Ayr supporters in general . This is simply not true . Some on here would like to blame him for the cost of living crisis and the war in Gaza . I guess that’s what you get on forums some times . 
The football side of the club is just about performing to expectations. 5th or 6th is about where we’re at atm . Maybe the second half of the season will see an improvement in our form and have a craic at 4th . Whatever ! Anyway the guy is knocking his pan in for the club right now and that good enough for most of us . 

It's the usual wee gang on here who think that saying bald gilet man is funny. Most of them don't attend games but can tell you how bad players are. It's an art.