Clyde -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 30 December 2023)

Absolute shambles of a performance so far. All three centrebacks have been very poor, Scullion dreadful, Hynes anonymous, Leslie too lightweight and Lyon wasting any decent attack down that side of the pitch. Only Stevenson and Cuddihy have been okay.

The only surprise is that Stenny haven't created more.

Playing well within ourselves here. If we up our game to any level whatsoever we should win comfortably.

But we have been here before against Clyde who again look devoid of absolutely anything in a half of football.

Well in the game but missing quality. We’ve lacked quality all season but we’re really up against it with Rennie out this week, very little up that end at all. Need to do better at the goal too. Walked through far too easily.

Roll on next week!

It feels like Hynes and Cuddihy are the wrong way round.  Sula should be starting. This tactic of hitting the channels doesn't work when the back three can't play a long pass.

Games are much better with a gale force wind blowing.

A stroll in the park without breaking sweat.

That Clyde team are as bad as I've seen at this level and I've seen a lot of horse shit over the years.

On to the next victim for us only blighted by an idiotic tackle from Ross Taylor which means he wil now miss games.

I think there has been rather too much confidence about our position coming into this month. We’re in a massive amount of trouble here and have to find six points on a team that at least have a knack of winning at home which is more than we can muster currently.

Maybe it’s just my pessimism breaking through but it will need a remarkable turnaround to avoid the LL now.

Fair play to Stenny for winning that in terrible conditions. Not been impressed by them in either game against them so far though, very surprising that they’re skooshing the league in such a manner. I suppose the key fact is that Naysmith has the team organised in such a way that they can be unimpressive and still walk away with the points in the bag.

Clyde’s squad is one of the worst assembled at this level. So unbalanced that we’re having to stick 5 foot nothing Kian Leslie against two of the most aerially dominant centre halves in the league. I cannot wait to get this squad jettisoned.

Good to see the squad rounding on the little arsehole that got sent off. He must have had his Mrs leave him or something, bizarre level of head loss considering the situation.

Wow. A dreadful game and an easy three points for Stenhousemuir. There were about four opportunities in the entire match - Stenhousemuir scored two of them, we missed one and then scored immediately after it but you just never felt that Stenhousemuir were in any danger there. The two goals we gave away were just so cheap from a Clyde perspective. For the first, Anderson (who I felt was the best player on the park) was given the freedom of Hamilton to run through us and for the second, a cross hits the bar and, naturally, we’re nowhere near the rebound. Not that I blame Jack Leighfield particularly for the second goal but he just fills me with no confidence whatsoever and you could tell that he was miles away from dealing with that cross. Stenhousemuir looked so comfortable until Taylor’s awful challenge. After that, we still didn’t ask enough questions but pulled a goal back late on with Dunnachie bundling in after we produced a hilarious miss seconds before with Ji Stevenson nearly clearing the ball for a throw in.

I felt Ray Grant again made a wee bit of a difference and we could really do with him starting games soon. As I mentioned earlier, we really missed Martin Rennie, and Young and Leslie upfront didn’t look like working for a second which gave Buchanan and Jamieson an easy game at the back. We’d probably have been more effective had we taken a leaf out of Arbroath’s book and stuck Neil Parry on up top.

The Elgin result made this a terrible day for us and we better hope that Howie, Hamilton and Leitch all make a difference for us, with hopefully another couple in before the Bonnyrigg game too. We’re desperately crying out for someone direct in the midfield so hopefully Leitch gives us that. It’s six points at the half-way point and we’ve still to play Elgin three times, so our new signings will need to hit the ground running. We desperately need a left-back, a goalkeeper and another striker as a minimum.

Edited by Replays