Rangers v Ross County (Wed 27th Dec, 7:45pm)

Can only see an easy a win here for Rangers.

Rangers appear to have landed themselves a decent manager in Clement. Got a feeling that Rangers may go on to win the league, as Celtic have gone backwards with Rodgers. (No, it's no 2nd team thing though it sounds like it.)

Unless it's a faultless defensive performance from County, I fear the final scoreline. A hammering here after Adams recent comments also won't look good. Not confident, but County have to beat Rangers someday. Never happened though doubt it will happen at Ibrox this Wed.

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Can only see an easy a win here for Rangers.

Rangers appear to have landed themselves a decent manager in Clement. Got a feeling that Rangers may go on to win the league, as Celtic have gone backwards with Rodgers. (No, it's no 2nd team thing though it sounds like it.)

🤔 It hadn't even crossed my mind until you started denying it 🙄 Now I'm HIGHLY suspicious (although I believe the terminology you're looking for is "big team").

As for the game, I sadly also expect nothing other than a Rangers victory. I won't be reading much into it whatever the scoreline - although it'd be fascinating to see how folks would react / process it if County somehow managed to pull off a positive result!

1 hour ago, Ooooft. said:

Yeah new batteries in the remote and that.

Wouldn't it be handy if you could charge remotes via a usb charger, no more searching around for batteries. 

Anyway apparently Goldson might now be out for this game, you guys must be getting pretty confident now.

23 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

🤔 It hadn't even crossed my mind until you started denying it 🙄 Now I'm HIGHLY suspicious (although I believe the terminology you're looking for is "big team").

It's from Highland League days, anyone my age back then did have a 2nd team. No chance of promotion either.

Mine was neither of the old firm, nor Aberdeen. Will leave ya's guessing tho

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Not sure the game will go ahead with weather warnings in place, unless county travelled down yesterday, but I suspect not for evening kick off.

No signs so far that the bus won’t get through so pretty confident our routine skelping  will go ahead.

17 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The police & the league demanded that the County St Mirren game be cancelled due to travel conditions for the away fans.

The SM team were already in Dingwall & the local conditions were fine.

The issue was with the roads near Perth I believe.

The A9 at Dalnaspidal has now been closed in both directions. I have no idea if the team travelled down last night or not, but it is treacherous. This is the current state of the road:

IMG_5768.webp

36 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The police & the league demanded that the County St Mirren game be cancelled due to travel conditions for the away fans.

The SM team were already in Dingwall & the local conditions were fine.

The issue was with the roads near Perth I believe.

Same weekend that we had our home game with ICT called off.

Someone from the record must have been reading this.

Rangers vs Ross County in jeopardy as the brave Staggies travel down on snowbound A9 TODAY

Derek Adams’ side face travel hell as they bid to brave through Storm Gerrit to make it to Ibrox on time.

Doubt has been cast over Rangers’ clash with Ross County tonight as the Staggies are currently travelling through torrid winter conditions this afternoon.
0_Snow.jpg
The Highland side have NOT stayed overnight in Glasgow, meaning they are en route to Ibrox on the day of their meeting with Philippe Clement's side. That will see them have to fight through "heavy snow" according to NW Trunk Roads – who work on behalf of Transport Scotland – with six gritters in situ up and down the wintery A9 roads right now.

Traffic is at a "standstill" too with the A9 closed at Drumochter. Resources are stretched to the limit as workers try to clear snow in a bid to get vehicles through. But with kick-off at 7:45pm tonight, there will be anxious glances at watches throughout the day as Derek Adams' men try to make the game with Rangers. NW say they "are advising to avoid the route as much as possible and delay travel". Currently, Google Maps has the journey time at 4hrs 45 minutes.

But that isn't accounting for additional delays – which are likely – and rush hour traffic which the bus is primed to hit. There are yellow wind, rain and snow warnings in certain areas of the country

As posted previously, regardless of if the team are still traveling or not.

The game should be off for the safety of fans travelling back north, after the game. When conditions are forecast to be far worse than they are at the moment.

Imo it's ridiculous it's not been called off by now, safety has got to be the priority!

IMG_20231227_132039.jpg

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴
Typo!

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

As posted previously, regardless of if the team are still traveling or not.

The game should be off for the safety of fans travelling back north, after the game. When conditions are forecast to be far worse than they are at the moment.

Imo it's ridiculous it's not been called off by now, safety has got to be the priority!

Calling the game off when we have a barrow load of injuries before an old firm game,  that's bound to see our green n grey pals going into full conspiracy mode.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Calling the game off when we have a barrow load of injuries before an old firm game,  that's bound to see our green n grey pals going into full conspiracy mode.

Aye, I wouldn’t be too disheartened if the game is called off tonight given our squad is pretty decimated already. Plus I’m choked with the cold so selfishly wouldn’t mind a night in watching the Edinburgh Derby 😂