Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well that’s kind of my point. The Bernardo one was as clear as a second yellow as you’re likely to see. The Johnstone elbow sent Sima off with a concussion, but you don’t think either were a second yellow? 

That’s what I wrote yes however you seem to be desperate for an explanation.

The Bernado one he doesn’t really go in on Goldson, feet aren’t high or does he make any contact with his foot. It’s a collision of legs similar to the one on Taylor at the end of the game which Sterling wasn’t booked for. As for Johnston again no as to me it looked as if Johnston was up first and Sima then jumped in from his blind side so would be disappointed if either of those were given as yellows especially since Sterling never got a yellow for either elbowing O’Riley in the face and the aforementioned foul on Taylor so the referee appears to be somewhat consistent and I’m ok with that.

As someone else said not every foul deserves a yellow card and if you want them for every challenge in a derby game then that’s just daft

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

False equivalence.

Also known as deflection

19 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sellik fans failing to win with good grace. Who’d a thought that??

Edited by Jinky67

It gets murkier.

Why Rangers weren't awarded a penalty for Celtic handball incident

VAR official Willie Collum did not feel that referee Nick Walsh had made a clear and obvious error by failing to award Rangers a penalty following an Alistair Johnston handball in their cinch Premiership match against Celtic at Parkhead today. 

Rangers manager Philippe Clement was incensed the Ibrox club were not given a spot kick following a VAR check of the incident just before half-time in a match his side ended up losing 2-1.

However, Collum believed that Walsh had been correct just to give a goal kick because he felt the Celtic player's hand was in a natural position when it made contact with the ball after watching a replay back at Clydesdale House

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

It gets murkier in my own imagination. 

VAR official Willie Collum did not feel that referee Nick Walsh had made a clear and obvious error by failing to award Rangers a penalty following an Alistair Johnston handball in their cinch Premiership match against Celtic at Parkhead today. 

Rangers manager Philippe Clement was incensed the Ibrox club were not given a spot kick following a VAR check of the incident just before half-time in a match his side ended up losing 2-1.

However, Collum believed that Walsh had been correct just to give a goal kick because he felt the Celtic player's hand was in a natural position when it made contact with the ball after watching a replay back at Clydesdale House

:thumsup2

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

It gets murkier.

Ultimately the correct decision is still given because even if Collum thought it was handball then the attacking phase has to be checked which would have highlighted Sima as offside anyway

End result is no penalty

However I’ll caveat that by saying I hope Collum has said what you posted as the meltdown will continue to be epic

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

It gets murkier.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Ultimately the correct decision is still given because even if Collum thought it was handball then the attacking phase has to be checked which would have highlighted Sima as offside anyway

End result is no penalty

However I’ll caveat that by saying I hope Collum has said what you posted as the meltdown will continue to be epic

Aye sounds like wee Wullie has made a c**t of it but has been saved by the fact that Sima was offside.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Aye sounds like wee Wullie has made a c**t of it but has been saved by the fact that Sima was offside.

Does sound that way however it’s pretty ironic that Rangers fans are having meltdowns about second yellows not being given but want to benefit from a penalty that clearly shouldn’t be given due to offside.

If it wasn’t offside then you can’t argue against it, it should be a penalty 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I still think there’s twists in this yet. 

By that you mean bigots green 'win' the league. Again. Bigots blue bitter and twisted runners up.  Again. 

Oh yay :rolleyes:

That penalty incident is almost perfect. Rangers incensed after all the bluster about pressure on refs and mocking everyone else for conspiracy theories. 

Celtic taking on the normal rangers fan role of ‘well technically, it was right so you’re raging about nothing!’

We were originally told that the penalty was refused because it was offside, despite that obviously not being the case.

Rangers request the VAR audio.

Then we're told that Collum thought it wasn't a clear and obvious error from Walsh.

They can't even keep their story straight. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

We were originally told that the penalty was refused because it was offside, despite that obviously not being the case.

Then we're told that Collum thought it wasn't a clear and obvious error from Walsh.

Shame.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

So do you think a penalty should have been awarded?

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

I was originally told that the penalty was refused because it was offside, despite that obviously not being the case.

Then I’m told that Collum thought it wasn't a clear and obvious error from Walsh.

I’m raging.

Nevermind anything from the OF game, how the f**k did VAR not award hearts a penalty today, i still believe VAR is helpful to the game, but f**k me having blind c***s operate it is dumb as f**k

As for our game today, meh, fine fine margins, we miss a couple chances, celtic are more clinical, both teams not very good just a bawhair or two between them

Given some of the recent years results at that ground, as i said meh