Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

So you think that because collum seen the offside right away, that he just ignores the handball and decides "ah the ref doesn't need to know"? 

Do you think  the referee just stands there in complete bewilderment as to what is going on 😂

Checking for a penalty. 
Yes it most likely is a penalty. 
Before we send the referee to the screen, is there anything in the build up to stop it being awarded. 
Yes, offside - no penalty. 
Play on. 

You literally see this exact thing played out every single week down South in at least one game. 

Just now, RuMoore said:

This is such a poor level post it doesn't even deserve a Charlie Nicholas GIF...

Yeah they tell me your posts have been that great in the past you’re now on your fifth incarnation on the forum.

You’ll be judging naebody :lol: 

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Surely if someone is that incompetent the rest of them would want them to f**k out the place

Take the VAR official in the hearts game, that was a complete and utter farce why VAR never told the ref to have a shifty at the monitor for the penalty, 

If that official is ever doing VAR again, how can the guy in the middle trust them to spot anything

The other officials ostracising another would leave that referee open to abuse from which other teams fans they've upset.

Then it puts them.under a ridiculous amount of pressure to not make a similar error.

That then puts them in the position where they are then open to what I mentioned at the start.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Do you think  the referee just stands there in complete bewilderment as to what is going on 😂

Checking for a penalty. 
Before we send the referee to the screen, is there anything in the build up to stop it being awarded. 
Play on. 

You literally see this exact thing played out every single week down South in at least one game. 

There's at least 5 penalties a week that aren't given down the road that would definitely be given up here.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

There's at least 5 penalties a week that aren't given down the road that would definitely be given up here.

Most likely - particularly for pulls in the box. 

I was just making a general point around what you always listen to when VAR is looking at a possible penalty. 

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

The other officials ostracising another would leave that referee open to abuse from which other teams fans they've upset.

Then it puts them.under a ridiculous amount of pressure to not make a similar error.

That then puts them in the position where they are then open to what I mentioned at the start.

Loving the idea that, with all the shite we see in Scottish football, that this is the incident that apparently should see the SFA and all of the officials throw collum under a bus because they’ve lost all faith in him 🤣

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Checking for a penalty. 
Play on. 

Yeh this. I can't believe Madden is trying to say that they'd send the ref over to the monitor, decide that it's a penalty and then draw the lines to see it's offside or not. Absolute nonsense

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Yeh this. I can't believe Madden is trying to say that they'd send the ref over to the monitor, decide that it's a penalty and then draw the lines to see it's offside or not. Absolute nonsense

I have just realised I misread what Madden said! 

Yeah, he is talking utter pish, seen it several times in England. Why the f**k would you waste everyone’s time having the referee check the monitor for a penalty and then go “nah, it’s offside.” 

7 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Lets be honest here, collum should have sent walsh to the viewer, we all know that 

Would he have found the offside, who knows, you'd like to think so however he thought johnston slapping the ball out was natural so who knows

What we do know however is that the other refs and the SFA will stand by collum even if the audio was released and it made him look completely and utterly incompetent (notice i didnt say cheat because imo collum is an absolute travesty of an official who has undoubtedly fucked off nearly every SPFL team in scotland at one point or another, and a good few European teams and international teams thrown in as well) because thats what they do

Ffs look at Dougie Mcdonald back in the day, he lied about how he corrected his wrong decision to the right one, and instead of the rest of the game coming out and saying "right he lied, yeah he eventually got the right decision but he lied and that's just making us all look bad" they instead went on fucking strike

Have you just made up your own Da version of how you think VAR works? 

I actually understand why Rangers are so angry, it must be difficult being refereed to different standards like this. 

If they had been playing Motherwell then the fact that Sima was offside would have been irrelevant.  So when the laws are correctly applied it must be very confusing.  

Imagine if rangers and Celtic fans actually had to support a "smaller team " for the season and see how many horrendous decisions go against them especially when playing the old firm. 

I'm convinced their heads would fully explode. They have no idea how fortunate they are that they get 99.9% of favourable decisions go their way.

It's pretty pathetic and ironic that yet again they release another statement about the ability of referees when they benefit 99.9% of the time from decisions these refs who they are critical off make in their favour. 

Did they release a statement the day they played SJFC when they dodged 2 pens that refs never gave? (Butland on Kane and Lawrence bear hugging Kane in the box)...

12 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

So you think that because collum seen the offside right away, that he just ignores the handball and decides "ah the ref doesn't need to know"? 

So basically we have a conspiracy theory over the fact Collum can be a bit shite at his job at times.