Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Who do I require a favour from? You? 😂

And now since we have established you can actually see and reply to my posts just fine and have just been avoiding answering, tell me do you think Rangers should have had the penalty awarded for the Johnston handball?

On 31/12/2023 at 18:25, Jinky67 said:

@bennett hasn’t said it was wrong 😉

On 31/12/2023 at 15:23, Jinky67 said:

Do you think a penalty should have been awarded to Rangers Benny? 

On 31/12/2023 at 15:33, Jinky67 said:

I think I’ve asked him about half a dozen times on this thread already so he’s just being rude now 😉

Hows about it @bennett you ready to answer yet? Should a penalty have been given to Rangers? 

The level of defensiveness shown here shows that you know how 'lucky' celtic got.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The level of defensiveness shown here shows that you know how 'lucky' celtic got.

You can let it go mate. The game is done, Rangers lost - but life must go on.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Apparently Rangers have apologised to celtic for not praising the famous Parkheid atmosphere. 

We've all been there, but the more you post the worse it will look for you - that's how it'll play out. Better of just taking break and leaving the thread with some dignity intact. 

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Unsure how asking you a very simple question equates to defensiveness but I’m sure it makes sense in your head.

It would have been easier just to answer it instead of making shit up and saying you were getting errors trying to reply to me and now the mental gymnastics you are displaying now 

You honestly feel cheated don’t you? 🤣

1 hour ago, LuboMoravcik said:

It's us that should have had a penalty for the foul on Turnbull, that was wrongly called offside.

I've not seen that one again must have been a tight call plus the defender getting caught wrong side looked very clumsy.
I know the win is more important than the performance in these games that's why the rangers fans can't take it.
They would rather win ugly any win it's all that matters to them.

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Unsure how asking you a very simple question equates to defensiveness but I’m sure it makes sense in your head.

It would have been easier just to answer it instead of making shit up and saying you were getting errors trying to reply to me and now the mental gymnastics you are displaying now 

You honestly feel cheated don’t you? 🤣

Just how it's coming across, though it's not just you tbf.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Apparently Rangers have apologised to celtic for not praising the famous Parkheid atmosphere. 

You know zippy people say it's better with the rangers fans in the building but for me it's not,the atmosphere was great.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The only way for collum to check for offside is if he thought it was a penalty, he didnt 

And as bobby madden posted, they still need to follow procedure, the ref gets told to check for the penalty, if he awards it then they call the offside and it restarts with a freekick

I simply don't believe that is how anyone is being asked to operate VAR, it would make zero sense to me. Why would they waste everyone's time by calling a referee over to the monitor if they already know it isn't going to be a penalty anyway - VAR is not supposed to intervene on basic missed offside decisions like that.

For a VAR intervention for an incident such as Saturday's, there were always going to be three things they had to check - a) was Sima offside, b) did Sima foul Johnston, and c) did Johnston handle the ball. All three of these questions would need to be answered before they gave a penalty anyway, so I don't see why they would have to check them in any particular order. Given that one of the basic principles of VAR is to minimise disruption and delays, you would surely check the factual one (offside) first since it is quickest. This would be particularly true if the VAR officials watching live thought it might be offside.

Bobby Madden stopped refereeing in Scotland before VAR was introduced, so I'm not sure how he would have a great deal of insight into the procedures being used here. He would likely only have been involved with VAR a handful of times in his career in UEFA competitions.

The VAR protocol doesn’t provide any concrete guidance as to the order things are checked. 

But I have seen games in England where they check the core incident first, then work backwards to the APP. 

So from Saturday’s game, they would first establish if an on-field review should take place for the handball. Then they would check for a foul by the attacker (which would feed into the same on-field review). Then they check for offside in the build-up (and if a factual offside is established, the review doesn’t happen and play restarts in accordance with the on-field decision). 

The calling to the monitor to confirm a penalty only for it to be ruled out for offside is an odd one. Someone posted a link to another game where (ostensibly) something along those lines happened. But I’ve never see it happen in any other game - once a factual offside has been determined, that’s it. 

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I simply don't believe that is how anyone is being asked to operate VAR, it would make zero sense to me. Why would they waste everyone's time by calling a referee over to the monitor if they already know it isn't going to be a penalty anyway - VAR is not supposed to intervene on basic missed offside decisions like that.

For a VAR intervention for an incident such as Saturday's, there were always going to be three things they had to check - a) was Sima offside, b) did Sima foul Johnston, and c) did Johnston handle the ball. All three of these questions would need to be answered before they gave a penalty anyway, so I don't see why they would have to check them in any particular order. Given that one of the basic principles of VAR is to minimise disruption and delays, you would surely check the factual one (offside) first since it is quickest. This would be particularly true if the VAR officials watching live thought it might be offside.

Bobby Madden stopped refereeing in Scotland before VAR was introduced, so I'm not sure how he would have a great deal of insight into the procedures being used here. He would likely only have been involved with VAR a handful of times in his career in UEFA competitions.

FFS M8,The problem isn't the process the problem is sevco can't believe Collum didn't give a pen that's why a by kick was taking nothing to see here end of.
Hand ball in the box natural or not it's subjective like Goldsons before and O'Reily's and many more.
The headmaster of deception (Collum ) just put the off-side out later to piss them off even more which is pretty funny.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

@bennettlashing out from all angles :lol: his head is absolutely gone

It’s weird. He normally tips his team to lose or draw most weeks so you’d think he’d be expecting the result. 

:lol: 

Read a stat a couple of stats there, first was that failure to concede a penalty to Killie today will see Rangers overtake Barcelona in terms of league games without a penalty conceded. 

Also that of the 63 leagues and 950 teams operating under VAR, only one team has not conceded a penalty. 

That's a truly incredible stat if true. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Read a stat a couple of stats there, first was that failure to concede a penalty to Killie today will see Rangers overtake Barcelona in terms of league games without a penalty conceded. 

Also that of the 63 leagues and 950 teams operating under VAR, only one team has not conceded a penalty. 

That's a truly incredible stat if true. 

Timed that well.

Precious little here about Todd Cantwell getting a footballing lesson from McGregor, Dessers being a big diddy or Clement following in the footsteps of Beale in being unable to lay a glove on Celtic. I suppose that was the idea behind kicking off and the Bears have fell for it hook line and sinker. Would have more respect for Rangers if they just came out and said they weren't comfortable with Catholics officiating their games, might win them more credit with a substantial section of their fanbase too. 

18 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Precious little here about Todd Cantwell getting a footballing lesson from McGregor, Dessers being a big diddy or Clement following in the footsteps of Beale in being unable to lay a glove on Celtic. I suppose that was the idea behind kicking off and the Bears have fell for it hook line and sinker. Would have more respect for Rangers if they just came out and said they weren't comfortable with Catholics officiating their games, might win them more credit with a substantial section of their fanbase too. 

This makes Willie seem quite normal.