Goodbye to the Yellow Submarine

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't remember Meadowbank ever playing in the top flight or Europe before moving to Livingston.

Funnily enough I can't remember anyone spunking millions of pounds on Meadowbank only to see them go bankrupt 4 times either. 

It would have been better to build up the original club in Livingston, Livingston United, rather than have a dodgy git steal someone elses. 

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Funnily enough I can't remember anyone spunking millions of pounds on Meadowbank only to see them go bankrupt 4 times either. 

It would have been better to build up the original club in Livingston, Livingston United, rather than have a dodgy git steal someone elses. 

Were they not almost bankrupt when he moved them to Livingston, sure i read that being a reason for going to Livi. Having dodgy gits continued being a theme for Meadowbank/Livingston then.

58 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Were they not almost bankrupt when he moved them to Livingston, sure i read that being a reason for going to Livi. Having dodgy gits continued being a theme for Meadowbank/Livingston then.

Yes I believe so but that was on the basis they were trying to be ambitious and wanted to grow.

Livi was seen as the way of doing that for some reason.

I don't see how anyone can agree with the move.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If they were bankrupt it was down to Bill Hunter's 3 year reign of stupendous uselessness. Before he took over Meadowbank Thistle were an established 1st Division (now Championship) club. When Thistle stopped they were heading for the bottom division. 

I once went to what were purportedly the Club Offices to find out about pre-season friendlies. The club offices were Bill Hunter's building firm premises at Prestonpans. Amongst a litter of building contracts, bills and other documents a bamboozled young lassie eventually found a piece of paper with the pre-seasons written on it. I wasn't impressed by the administration to say the least. 

I suppose we could tell the real tale of Meadowbank Thistle from the fans' point of view one day but it's 30 years old now. At least Bill Hiddleston of Third Lanark has gone down in football history as a chancer. 

2 league games left this month for Livingston, both at home. Against Dundee and Ross County.

Fail to get 3+ points from that and the task looks huge.

The stadium is maybe a bit too close to the Lidl for it to interest another supermarket?

Hopefully there's a fucking American football team or some shite playing there in ten years and Scotland's franchise is condemned to history.

Then we can move on and deal with Airdrie.

Bye bye.

Untitled.jpg.68b79543aa98ae24b013e2a88ec394de.jpg

On 02/01/2024 at 17:42, VincentGuerin said:

The stadium is maybe a bit too close to the Lidl for it to interest another supermarket?

Hopefully there's a fucking American football team or some shite playing there in ten years and Scotland's franchise is condemned to history.

Then we can move on and deal with Airdrie.

Bye bye.

Untitled.jpg.68b79543aa98ae24b013e2a88ec394de.jpg

Why do you have photos of @Ad Lib saved?

38 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The irony of a coagie using water based gifs to show livi’s plight is not lost!!

George Costanza Flirt GIF