Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

East end is pretty good for parking a bad decision will probably cost you about 5 minutes more than a good one.  Generally my advice would be to park at the end you intend to leave from due to a short road closure at the ground post game and to avoid what looks to me a naive decision to insist on parking on Halbeath road which with a big away support can result in cars being parked as far back as the railway bridge beyond the lizzie. Even then it’s only a 10-15 min walk.

I'd like it to be 3-5-2

Dabrowski  

McGill   O'Reilly/Murray  Corr

Mullen    Byrne    Brown    Smith

Easton

Vaughan   Hamilton

Not Sure if O'Reilly will still be here but I'd start with him if he is. 

What I think it'll be.. 

Dabrowski 

Millen  Murray Corr/Brown  Dick  

Byrne       Brown/McGill

Connolly                            Easton 

Vaughan 

Hamilton 

Again depends if O'Reilly is available?

Who knows 😂 it's a bloody mine field guessing out starting 11!!! 

21 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I'd like it to be 3-5-2

Dabrowski  

McGill   O'Reilly/Murray  Corr

Mullen    Byrne    Brown    Smith

Easton

Vaughan   Hamilton

Not Sure if O'Reilly will still be here but I'd start with him if he is. 

What I think it'll be.. 

Dabrowski 

Millen  Murray Corr/Brown  Dick  

Byrne       Brown/McGill

Connolly                            Easton 

Vaughan 

Hamilton 

Again depends if O'Reilly is available?

Big Kev

Millen/Brown/Dick/McGill

Byrne

Connolly/Easton/Mullin

Hamilton/Vaughan

I just think IM will stay with his beloved 4-1-3-2. I think Murray might be slightly dinged from Saturday (for that matter, Thomson wouldn’t surprise me that much). Smith is off the boil, better as a sub here. IF we have O’Reilly, he replaces Dick, who moves to LB and puts McGill riding the pine.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

I just think IM will stay with his beloved 4-1-3-2.

He didn't in the Cup game.

6 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Oh to have that luxury! We only have 11 players we know are definitely fit and three are goalkeepers! Although there are another 4 or 5 who are in the "likely to be fine" category so we might be able to field a team and a few senior subs if we're lucky.

I'm going for both Dunfermline and Dundee United to score early goals leading to a frustrating and nervy first half. Dunfermline to then shite it in the second half and the Rovers to comfortably leave with the win.

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

We're either getting dicked, worse than the 0-3 in the Scottish Cup, or we'll put a gutsy effort in and get a draw. Suppose we don't know until 2pm and the team lines come out.

I think both sets of supporters don’t have a clue how this’ll go.

Based on our last 2 performances minus super Sam Stanton it’s a great time to be playing us.

From our perspective we’re hoping the riot act has been dished out to sharpen the players up. A lack of bite and winning of second balls has been noticeable last 2. 

The away win against Dundee United has IMO went against us slightly as complacency has set in and the level of performance , Energy , hard working characteristics of the team have dropped not so much against Ayr but certainly against Arbroath , Fine margins in the championship and probably the 1st time this season I was confident the Rovers would win easy against Arbroath. As for todays game I haven’t got a clue TBH the lack of numbers might galvanise the Pars and create a siege mentality but for the Rovers I’m looking for a big reaction after Saturdays result so who knows 

I have to say, sitting top of the league and derby day at New Year and haven't sold out our end? 

I get folk might be unwell etc but still, if ever there was a time to sell the away end out I thought it would be today. I mean we took 1900 up to Tannadice. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Don't think this will be very fun unless Max Little is far better at CB than he is in goals.

We've conceded 6 goals to ten men Ayr, and Arbroath playing their subbie keeper up front.

Not sure you lads should be too downbeat on your chances...

24 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I have to say, sitting top of the league and derby day at New Year and haven't sold out our end? 

I get folk might be unwell etc but still, if ever there was a time to sell the away end out I thought it would be today. I mean we took 1900 up to Tannadice. 

Yeah, without getting all Falkirk on it, I thought you'd have sold a good few more. New Year Derby is usually one of the biggest crowds of the season, with people up visiting relatives, folk off work and having one last wee bit of festive fun before going back to work. Being 18 points ahead and being massive favourites to do an away double at New Year would seem the likeliest place ever to shift tickets. Should still be a decent crowd in, I think there's over 7000 sold but still.

The complacency wasn’t only from the team, but also the fans. Almost everyone I spoke to pregame expected us to roll over Arbroath, me included, so glad we all got a reality check. I think we were by far the better team last week and on another day would have been comfortable so maybe we weren’t all far away, but still goes to show, be slack and teams will punish you. Just hope we show more composure today and a bit more dig. Hopefully see Hamilton firing on top form too as felt last week there was something up with him although still had not a bad showing.