Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

Not confident for today given the  last two games and the fact Sir Sam Stanton Hammer of the Pars is unavailable. Dunfermline surely also can't be as bad again as they were in the Cup 

I dunno, looking at the seat map we’re maybe 200-300 away from selling out the east stand which holds 3,000. 
Im sure a few more will be sold before kickoff. 

I don’t think that’s bad. 

At least (I think?) we’ll only have 1 keeper on the bench today. Sharp’s loan was only until January, wasn’t it? Also assuming we haven’t been able to add to the squad, since we’d have heard by now. Hopefully at least one of Hamilton and Otoo are back.

Ticket sales look decent. Only about 100 left in the Norrie, with the main stand (including the wing stand) and NW sold out. Hopefully put on a performance like the sold out Falkirk game last year.

At a glance it looks like we are bringing more than we brought to both the League and Cup games earlier in the season. From memory we have only ever sold out that stand once and that was the title decider in 2011. 

Edited by mrpaddyx

6 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I dunno, looking at the seat map we’re maybe 200-300 away from selling out the east stand which holds 3,000. 
Im sure a few more will be sold before kickoff. 

I don’t think that’s bad. 

Think there’s roughly 150 seats per row, certainly down the front 5/6 rows. So unless you’re down to just those rows left, I think your maths is wrong. Looks closer to 600 or so available to me. Still a pretty decent effort, don’t get me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Main stand showing sold out and less than 30 left in the Norrie. 
Will the NE stand and east wing of the main and be used?

Doubt it. We’ll have organised catering and police/stewards based on what sections are currently open. There’s a chance we might be able to open east wing of main stand, but no chance regarding the NE.

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I have to say, sitting top of the league and derby day at New Year and haven't sold out our end? 

I get folk might be unwell etc but still, if ever there was a time to sell the away end out I thought it would be today. I mean we took 1900 up to Tannadice. 

You have to remember that some people will be back at work today, myself included, that won't make a 3pm midweek kickoff

Hamilton, Otoo and Breen all starting. Great news for us. Looks like Paul Allan’s injured though…

Otoo in midfield should be much better than we’ve seen recently.

Edited by CallumPar

Fenton the only defensive cover and he's a LB. A bit of jiggery pockery we could pull Otto back and play someone who is more a AM that DM, should the inevitable happen to one of the 3 at CB...

Sorry I know I'm all doom and gloom. Jist pissed I'm working after the festive period break, and missing the game...

5 minutes ago, embow said:

Dan O'. either signed up again or could be turning out as a trialist?🤔

Cant be a trialist Embow, hes been named and I'm sure it's not allowed to play trialists in the Championship........ hes either still under contract till the window closes or hes signed on again hopefully 

Genuinely unsure as to how people expected us to sell the stand out.  A huge factor in the Tannadice crowd was the free transport. 

If we get it close to 2.5k that's a good effort, that's larger than most home gates before this season.

Weird that some people still think that "on loan until January" means that they'll just return to their parent club as soon as the bells ring. Some clubs might recall early if they have a training camp or need them back to fill holes in their own squad (as we did with Taylor Sutherland) but generally they'll be until nearer the end of the month. Same with O'Reilly or any other short term signing; unless they have somewhere else to be early January (another club, an international tournament), they'll likely stay til at least the middle or later part of the month. 

I assume we'll see a back three of Fisher-Hamilton-Breen with Otoo in midfield which is a bit better than I was expecting but other than the Sutherland brothers, Owen Moffat and an ill O'Halloran the bench is pretty weak looking whereas the Rovers can bring on a few potential game changers if needed.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Weird that some people still think that "on loan until January" means that they'll just return to their parent club as soon as the bells ring. Some clubs might recall early if they have a training camp or need them back to fill holes in their own squad (as we did with Taylor Sutherland) but generally they'll be until nearer the end of the month. Same with O'Reilly or any other short term signing; unless they have somewhere else to be early January (another club, an international tournament), they'll likely stay til at least the middle or later part of the month. 

I assume we'll see a back three of Fisher-Hamilton-Breen with Otoo in midfield which is a bit better than I was expecting but other than the Sutherland brothers, Owen Moffat and an ill O'Halloran the bench is pretty weak looking whereas the Rovers can bring on a few potential game changers if needed.

O’Reilly was announced “until January”, so it was pretty vague either way. Either way, the contract has a date, and we don’t know what it is.

Two sub keepers…oh dear…