Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

54 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I was more talking about the rise in general of violence rather than this incident specifically. But I agree with your points. There is a screenshot of a message sent by one of the lads who did it saying it initially started as a group fight and all the rovers fans ran away and left their pal. Still scummy behavior regardless if thats true.

I think in general it's because there's just a lot more neds. For some reason.

I saw that message as well. Quite obvious he'd been bombarded and shat it as another message from before was one of "so what?"

The boy in the video is desperately trying to reach over for his phone, head's down quite sheepishly (as opposed to protectively) and he puts his hands up to get them to stop (once he's got a chance to) - absolutely not a chance he was looking for/involved in a fight. He clearly didn't want it.

The one who sent that message was the one that booted the guy as he got up, which, from the video, is the worst offender. Twitter has hounded him.

I do hope both Dunfermline and Raith do something for him. The poor boy will probably never feel safe in that town again, or even at any football game. A tragic thing to see.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t think it’s really DAFCs fault if wee bams attack someone, the tough couple of days will be for them when the Police chap their doors.  There’s always an element in every club. We’ve got our share and any Rovers fan claiming otherwise is full of it. The “Ultras” groups can do good stuff in getting the atmosphere going but as you say only takes a few to go too far. 

It’s not the club’s fault they attacked the guy but they did just release a big glossy presentation about how we are a powerful force for the community and committed to fairness etc.

Can’t go for the moral high ground like that and then turn around and say the behaviour of fans is nothing to do with them.

Pars seem to have enough issues to deal with on the park without these wee neds adding their vile behaviour off it.

I missed the game through having to be at work, but from the highlights it'd appear that even a misfiring Rovers are on a different level to the Pars these days.

The Pars goalkeeper appeared to castigate anyone and everyone, appealing for who knows what for both Rovers goals, clown!

Edwards would have been better employed trying to defend the ball in from the corner than trying to foul O'Reilly to prevent the second.

Pars fans say if you cut Chris Hamilton in half he'd have PARS written right the way through him. Interesting, I know how they do that with rock but how do they manage it with a pudding?

Speaking of puddings, Chalmers? easily megged by Vaughan for the free kick that lead to the 1st, what an absolute donkey he looks.

Oh and Craig Wighton?  I'll say no more.

As poor as the above were/are I reckon Pars can (and will) still steer clear of relegation trouble, in fact with some added quality brought in to replace (the above) on the park and McPake off the park there's hope for them yet.  Lacklustre or lackadaisical? It's certainly an outfit lacking something. 

TBH Rovers in parts looked far from great either though, and for the 3rd game in succession Rovers got caught with the exact same thing, our midfield allowed the attacker too much space and the defence didn't do enough to close down the threat. Murray (for once) came out to meet the threat but Summers side stepped him far too easily.

I remember the Pars fans with the 4-0 signs when we couldn't buy a win against them in season 1996-97, perhaps we should knock up some 5-0 ones for March?

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Dunfermline remind me of last seasons Rovers team - decent enough without that killer edge.  They'll be fine in terms of relegation playoffs, and there's something to build on next season,  but it would be hard to see them secure top 4 without getting some players back pronto.

Agree in part with this. However I think you're forgetting how utter dross 4th-10th is this year. If we're not getting 4th, who is? If (big if it seems) we can turn the tide injury wise we could end up being comfortably 4th then still punted out the playoffs quite easily by Partick. 

I see we've released a statement condemning the incident, working with Raith and Police Scotland, will ensure the fan has any support they need and any supporter found to have been involved will be banned. Can't really ask for more than that.

I noticed also that Section North West released a statement via their social media channels, again condemning the attack, saying that these people aren't actually members/involved with the group. However, they have offered a direct apology to the victim and offered to pay for damage.

Club Statement | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club - (dafc.co.uk)

Rivalries aside, well done to Dunfermline for calling it out this morning. These individuals are clearly more interested acting like hard men than backing your club so won’t be missed if caught and banned. 

In terms of the match, I personally thought Rovers were the better team, despite having obvious weaknesses that Dunfermline bizarrely didn’t fancy capitalising on. After an early spell of pressure there really wasn’t much to worry about before the equaliser, then it was just a bit huff and puff. It was crazy when you equalised that the ‘Ultras’ decided to take momentum out of the match but throwing more flares onto the pitch. Looked like some players were not happy and rightfully so.

Kudos to Dan O’Reilly. He’s earned a contract 100%. Between Watson and Murray one of them always seems to be suspended or carrying a knock so if we are serious about being up there he needs to be signed purely for numbers. But in fact, I would say he is ahead of both of those two in terms of getting a start anyway.

Hopefully that is us back on track after two disappointing results, but IM please rest Kev for Airdrie!

Edited by Raithfan2711

I mean the question answers itself but you really do have to wonder just how these wee bams think that filming themselves beating the shit out of someone and posting it openly on the internet is going to end. 

Sadly they'll probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist and if they're not regulars at East End Park a banning order is hardly a punishment either.

Yeah fair play to the Dunfermline fans for their reactions to this, rightfully condemned by everyone. Hopefully the idiots responsible are all found and get their punishment.

On the game, I thought we just about deserved the win. Dunfermline dominated the first 5 minutes and had a good few chances but after that, we completely bossed things until the Pars equaliser. Poor goal to lose from our perspective, we switched off allowing Mehmet to play the quick pass out wide, Brown got pulled across and we were left open in the middle. Think we should have committed a foul but good finish from Summers.

Second half I thought was fairly even. We got our goal and didn’t have to chase the game which meant Dunfermline had more of the ball but I didn’t think they ever really looked like equalising. Both teams lacked that bit of quality in the final third, Dunfermline in terms of breaking us down and us wasting a few good opportunities on the break.

Quite a few good performances for us I thought. Mullin’s best game for us, O’Reilly brilliant in both boxes, Brown and Byrne did very well in the middle. Brown at his best snapping into tackles and driving forward and Byrne adding the class and composure in midfield. He has an excellent ability to beat players without touching the ball, just a drop of the shoulder or movement of his body, it’s great to watch. I appreciate you lose one of our attacking options but I think Brown and Byrne are different enough to complement each other in there and should play together going forward. Great to see Matthews back on the pitch too. 

Do Dunfermline always come out so late for their warm up? Never usually at a ground until about 15 minutes before kick off so it may be totally normal but was in early yesterday and it seemed strange seeing the Pars come out for their warm up about 20 minutes after us. I don’t think any of their recent injuries have been muscle ones so it obviously works for them and they started the game well but just seemed odd. 

Hopefully Fisher makes a quick and full recovery. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

I mean the question answers itself but you really do have to wonder just how these wee bams think that filming themselves beating the shit out of someone and posting it openly on the internet is going to end. 

Sadly they'll probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist and if they're not regulars at East End Park a banning order is hardly a punishment either.

I think it’s reached a level where they will possibly be charged.

A banning order whilst might only mean the fannies miss the big games they attend it’s more the message it sends out. A true supporter would be distraught at the thought of not being able to go to games so will serve as a big deterrent for any future nonsense / pyro pish.

Theres been fighting at every derby recently and we’ve some fannies that only come out for the bigger games too. The last two games at Starks have had battles on links street. That said the events of last night were cowardice on unprecedented levels and quite rightly people are coming out demanding that the scrotes are dealt with. 

Sticking to the game, I think we probably edged it in quality and the result was fair.

We were far from our best and resulted to pot shots from the edge of the box rather than trying to get in behind what is an awful defence (possibly due to thinking every shot had a chance with Mehmet in goal).

Dylan Easton in particular had a disappointing game by his very high standards.  You can normally tell very early in the game whether he's on it and he really wasn't yesterday.  Every player can have an off day and though and he wasn't bad.  Just not as dangerous as he usually is.

Mullin was outstanding and he causes so many issues with his delivery into the box.  His lack of pace was quite apparent at times yesterday though as there were a few balls through that Connolly or Smith might have managed to get onto that he didn't.  That is really just nit picking though as he had a great game.

Thought Kev did well considering the obvious injury he's carrying.

O'Reilly just fits into our team perfectly and I would love to see him sign a new deal.  Both he and Murray confirmed there are talks ongoing so hopefully Saturday won't be his last game for us.

9 away wins in a row in all competitions now which is an incredible record.  Hopefully make it 10 by finally getting a win against Airdrie on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Offshore Rover said:

I believe some of the involved have previously been banned but still get it anyway so I’m not sure banning them again will do any good 

I don't really see how clubs like Dunfermline are meant to enforce a banning order. If these bams want to get in, they will - unless fans themselves spot them and get them ejected every time. Even that seems a stretch. 

Hopefully the police get sufficiently involved. They certainly deserve it. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

I don't really see how clubs like Dunfermline are meant to enforce a banning order. If these bams want to get in, they will - unless fans themselves spot them and get them ejected every time. Even that seems a stretch. 

I completely agree. The stewards haven’t got a clue as it is, never mind trying to stop people who are banned getting in 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Aye I asked this last night, if you get a police banning order then it's enforceable due to you having to sign into the police station. But if it's a club banning order how do you stop it? Any punishment from the club won't achieve much IMO, they're far to easily circumnavigated. Will just need to hope the police take it seriously and deal with it appropriately. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Pars fans say if you cut Chris Hamilton in half he'd have PARS written right the way through him. Interesting, I know how they do that with rock but how do they manage it with a pudding?

On a pretty bleak morning for the Pars, I can at least take some comfort from knowing I am physically incapable of posting a lamer joke than this.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

On a pretty bleak morning for the Pars, I can at least take some comfort from knowing I am physically incapable of posting a lamer joke than this.

Have to agree. Shan patter.

12 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Then 6k of them turn up when their team are playing shite, and they have tifos, and throw flares and fireworks on the pitch when they equalise. 
You do that for all other league games too eh?

We’re two clubs of similar size from ten miles apart, to pretend playing each other has no extra significance is weirdo behaviour and demonstrably untrue.

Our Home crowds have held up pretty well thanks - maybe not 6,000 but it was a derby game during the festive period, so was always going to be higher. And yes, sadly, there have been flares and the like at other games too. Which if there was an area for then and they kept them in that area would be fine, but fuds gotta fud, and they end up getting chucked on the park.

But yes, I don't pretend that I enjoy losing to Raith, or that it's a local Derby rivalry I'd rather we were on top of, but I like to see the Fife teams do well (even Cowdenbeath, who hate us even more than you or Falkirk seem to for some reason) and would want you to beat Falkirk or either of the uglies for example. 

8 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Speaking of puddings, Chalmers? easily megged by Vaughan for the free kick that lead to the 1st, what an absolute donkey he looks.

Ignoring the lame joke (do you write Tam Cowan's material?), Hamilton was playing at centre back when he's a midfielder and playing with a face mask since he had a fractured cheekbone and yet as many Raith fans have admitted, your forward players didn't get much change out of him last night. He was by far our best defender and in the circumstances that was a solid performance. 

You won't get many Pars fans who disagree on Chalmers though. Soft as shite, as slow as a week in jail and for someone who is meant to be a good passer of the ball, his radar is more often off than on. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Yes, sadly the Police these days don't do very much for anyone under about 25. A wee word at home and a "don't do it again" and that'll be about it. Hopefully they get a police banning order and have to report to a police station each time there's a game on but even that might not happen.

As to why it happens, there are a lot of theories but it's mostly down to the parents. We had the case a year or so back at Kirkcaldy High ironically enough, where two girls were beating lumps out of each other and one of the parents was there shouting stuff like "fucking kick her" and "hit her harder". Like this one it was all over SM for a few days then it disappeared - I suspect this will be the case here apart from on football forums etc where it will be remembered for a little longer.