Morton vs Ayr 2nd January - New Year Cracker

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Is this better or worse than the first half against dunfermline?

We’re only 1-0 down to better surely? 

I’d have to go back a while to think of an opening 30 minutes worse than Saturday to be honest. 

This is just entirely predictable with the team we have on the pitch. 

Is this better or worse than the first half against dunfermline?

Just a nothing performance really.  You know that defence will concede so we need to outscore them, which is tough to do when you can’t muster a shot on goal.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re only 1-0 down to better surely? 

I’d have to go back a while to think of an opening 30 minutes worse than Saturday to be honest. 

This is just entirely predictable with the team we have on the pitch. 

I mean, it could still be a worse performance regardless of the scoreline.

I mean, it could still be a worse performance regardless of the scoreline.

It’s just the performance we would have expected.  A desperately limited team drifting towards a tepid defeat.  Bland platitudes from Bullen to follow. 

Far too little support for Dowds with this setup. We could play all day and not score.

The goal was predictable. Without McGinty we're vulnerable in the air.

Pretty much the only bright spot for me in that half is the amount of work Young is putting in. 

2 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

Dowds seems to be getting hammered every time he goes for ball. Certainly getting nothing from ref. Ayr need to sharpen up second half.

If he bothered actually trying to win a header than feigning injury any time a Morton player breathes near him he might be more successful. 

I thought ayr started the first 15 minutes better without creating anything that’s shown with there 1 shot at goal 0 on target, Morton on top from then on and deservedly in front could’ve been 2 if broadfoot done better with the cross 

7 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

Dowds seems to be getting hammered every time he goes for ball. Certainly getting nothing from ref. Ayr need to sharpen up second half.

Hammered really?? The guys a big fairy or maybe it’s the pink strip he’s wearing that’s turned him in to a woman 

Edited by Cowshed

Dowds really isn’t being strong enough for the role we need him to play today. Ahui is dugmeat and our centre halves couldn’t win a header with fucking stilts. Why am I here

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Hammered really?? The guys a big fairy or maybe it’s the pink strip he’s wearing that’s turned him in to a woman 

Never change Morton.