St Mirren v Green Cheeks 02/01/2024 It’s 5pm somewhere.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s has been posted twice on here showing you a Celtic player getting sent off for the exact same thing and people are still doubling down on this nonsense 😂

Over the course of a lifetime it’s certainly not nonsense.

How utterly depressing is Scottish football when the only slight chance the wee teams have against both arse cheeks, is when you have your strongest team on the pitch, they need to be right on the top of their game and the blue or green bigots need to be completely off it form wise.

No wonder folk down the road think it’s a pub league. Both sectarian bigot clubs will never leave this league, its far too easy for them.

Edited by glenburn bud

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Over the course of a lifetime it’s certainly not nonsense.

The point made was it would never happen, if it happens even just once then that isn’t never mate.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s been widely reported as €100m clause written into his Benfica contract. I’m surprised you don’t know that.

There is an option to buy in the loan agreement, I highly doubt that’s €100 million which is most likely his original buy out clause. The option to buy will be around 6-7 million

Very hard to judge new players when they debut coming on in a game against Celtic when 3-0 down and down to 10 men, but Elvis didn’t look like he’s the answer to the gap Strain has left.

Baccus and O’Hara being out shows we need more depth in midfield.

Might have got away with it against another team, or if Celtic hadn’t made such an electric start. Perhaps Rogers gets some credit if he’d told them to get right in and about us and not let the makeshift midfield settle down. 

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Must. Defend. Rangers.

How on earth is this "defending Rangers"? It's the same St Mirren fan having his usual pathetic whinge about entirely correct decisions going against his team just like every other one of their match threads.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There is an option to buy in the loan agreement, I highly doubt that’s €100 million which is most likely his original buy out clause. The option to buy will be around 6-7 million

His release clause is €100m - I thought that’s what you meant.

Any agreement with Celtic will be lower than that. He doesn’t look like he’ll get a sniff at Benfica given the quality they have so you might have a chance.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Strain's red card against Rangers was about the clearest red you'll ever see.

We’ve had two players red carded by VAR for handball penalties.  One v Celtic one v Rangers.

I genuinely can’t remember other hand ball reds in those circumstances.

Have seen plenty of hand balls given that you could argue stopped a ball going on target, but reds not given.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

How on earth is this "defending Rangers"? It's the same St Mirren fan having his usual pathetic whinge about entirely correct decisions going against his team just like every other one of their match threads.

You’re right. It’s more defending VAR, which you also seem to enjoy doing. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, it was a fictitious counterfactual about an incident that has never happened.

Obviously, but your first reply misrepresented his point.

Until my last breathe I will never accept that more people support Celtic and Rangers due to religion and sectarianism over the fact that they win 8/9 domestic games out of 10 and it makes them feel good about their own shit lives. Also to lord it up over fans of the club from the town where they have lived all their lives. 

Sectarian singing doesn’t bother me one iota. Fat, ugly divorcee losers and virgins from towns and cities all over Scotland ignoring their home town club and travelling down to 1 game a season (usually against shite like Livingston and Ross County, as that’s the only games they can get tickets for) and sitting watching Sky Sports News in the pub every other Saturday, is the reason I hate both clubs.