St Mirren v Green Cheeks 02/01/2024 It’s 5pm somewhere.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I know he did shite at St.Mirren but didn't realise Davie Hay was so disliked, will ask the St.Mirren fans tonight when Im amongst them, cheers again for sorting us out with a ticket @Flybhoy

Feel like we've had this conversation very recently.

With Well fans perhaps?

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I know he did shite at St.Mirren but didn't realise Davie Hay was so disliked, will ask the St.Mirren fans tonight when Im amongst them, cheers again for sorting us out with a ticket @Flybhoy

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Feel like we've had this conversation very recently.

With Well fans perhaps?

There is an exceptionally strong case for the depth of dislike.

image.png.a9dad998f896256df51be1c14aede379.png

I'd say before the Rae and Stubbs appointments, he'd have been comfortably the most despised St. Mirren manager in history with maybe Tommy Craig a distant second.

17 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

At Saints 2-0 win last season there were two Celtic fans standing behind us in W3.  Bad enough before we scored, but couldn't enjoy the rest of the game for worrying about what might happen.   

Was that not where one of them thumped the back of the stand when Celtic fucked up a move and got the 'yous enjoying the match?' from the rest of the crowd. Thought they slinked out not long after that. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

There is an exceptionally strong case for the depth of dislike.

image.png.a9dad998f896256df51be1c14aede379.png

I'd say before the Rae and Stubbs appointments, he'd have been comfortably the most despised St. Mirren manager in history with maybe Tommy Craig a distant second.

Ooft fair enough :lol:. I get the hate for Tommy Craig tbf, all seemed a bit snakey him taking over from Danny Lennon who I felt sorry for at the time

Looking forward to the game think we will see Bwomono today get his debut at some point. I have taken a bunch of Celtic fans from Rothesay twice to hospitality and twice to games one against Hamilton. They are good guys always bump into them in Wemyss Bay station bar on their return from Parkhead before we get the ferry. This is the way football fans should be. 

David Hay did manage to do one decent thing during his tenure. He signed Big Roy Aitken who was frankly a revelation amongst mostly a pile of dross signings.

To put it mildly Hay was an unmitigated disaster for our club. 

14 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Was that not where one of them thumped the back of the stand when Celtic fucked up a move and got the 'yous enjoying the match?' from the rest of the crowd. Thought they slinked out not long after that. 

Yup, and our seats are in the back row.  6 of us, two in their late 80s.

They actually didn't go until Celtic messed up yet another corner on 90 minutes as they probably thought they could still come back, and there was no slinking out - gave the vicky as they walked out.

Stewards - nothing to see here.

Just on the stewards, my teenage nephew used to come with us.  Once he stood at the bit on the back to get a better view - stewards on his case in minutes.

Two obvious Celtic fans - again, nothing to see here.

In theory away fans mixing with home fans shouldn't be a problem, the reality is very different.

19 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Looking forward to the game think we will see Bwomono today get his debut at some point. I have taken a bunch of Celtic fans from Rothesay twice to hospitality and twice to games one against Hamilton. They are good guys always bump into them in Wemyss Bay station bar on their return from Parkhead before we get the ferry. This is the way football fans should be. 

There are zero “good” old firm fans, all utter c***s

37 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

There are zero “good” old firm fans, all utter c***s

I've always felt those who base their personality and that of others as to who they may or not support is a proper calling card of the moron. It's something people should really grow out of.