Partick Thistle vs Arbroath - 6th January 2024

Watched the highlights and the only excuse I can offer Gaston is that when the punt up the park from Muirhead lands (pictured) , it looks like Graham is easily going to reach it first, so Gaston is probably a bit late in trying to come out and clear it but the ball skids off the turf a bit meaning that if Gaston had set off earlier he'd have easily got there first. 

Also you'd ask questions of the Arbroath defence being outrun by a 36 year old who never had any pace to start with. 

Screenshot_20240107_003801_Chrome.jpg

Other than that, fairly comprehensive and if Adeloye hadn't missed two absolute cast iron sitters it should have been 6-0

Edited by Fuctifano

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Also you'd ask questions of the Arbroath defence being outrun by a 36 year old who never had any pace to start with. 

Our main centre back has played 3 games in a week and has been playing with a broken toe after being rushed back from a hamstring injury that kept him out for months.  Would that answer any questions?

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Our main centre back has played 3 games in a week and has been playing with a broken toe after being rushed back from a hamstring injury that kept him out for months.  Would that answer any questions?

It would answer why he can't run, but the follow up questions would be is there not a youth player who could play, or maybe why play such a high line? 

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

It would answer why he can't run, but the follow up questions would be is there not a youth player who could play, or maybe why play such a high line? 

Have you not been watching the news?  You do know that we had to play our goalkeeper outfield last week, right?  There is nobody else.  At least we had some recognised full backs there this time, although aforementioned Hamilton has the broken toe, and our new right back was dropped in without any training.  No centre backs.  There is nobody else. Of the line up that started when we beat you 3-0, 7 are currently injured, and that was already a weakened team.  Did you not see our bench?  We do not have a youth team, and we have no defensive cover thanks to the failings of our now punted management.

As for why a high line.  I suspect that's partly a poor tactical decision, and partly just simple fatigue.  The game was fairly well balanced in the first half, and we fell off a cliff.  At the time of the second goal, we were only 1-0 down, and had a lot of possession.  I suspect we simply got caught out of position.

After that, it was a total heads gone, and then when you brought on fresh legs, it just killed our team.  We are lucky we escaped with single figures.  I watched the last 20 minutes through my fingers!