QP vs Pars - Fri 5th Jan

Otoo out anol now. That bench though. Ooft. 

Can you call this a crisis? Sounds dramatic, but this tonight is completely bare bones stuff. 

Think McPake will be asking for more of the same but try not and chuck goals away. We won't be relying on subs, put it that way. 

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Trying to figure out the formation. Back four with Hamilton and Comrie as CB? Or is the rum kicking in early...

If I was to guess. 

Mehmet

Moh-Comrie-Hamilton-Allan-Edwards

Chalmers-Summers

Moffat

Wighton-Jak

Just now, DAFC. said:

Queens Park don't win this they are in massive trouble. 

Have to disagree with you, we managed to put ourselves in trouble long before tonight.

Thats about as makeshift a Pars team you will get. 

Trying to figure out a formation. Trying to work out the left centre back if that's 3-5-2. Possibly Edwards but then who would be left wing back?

Miller Fenton must be miles off it if he can't get a game tonight.

Our lineup is frighteningly bad. Another youth player chucked in for a debut. Just isn’t the time whatsoever to do that against a depleted Dunfermline side 

3 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I reckon one off Allan or Chalmers is in the back 3. What price are queens?

From memory Allan as played at a centre back when he was like 15 or something, we sent him to Benfica for a training camp years ago and I'm sure he said he'd used to play in defence. 

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

From memory Allan as played at a centre back when he was like 15 or something, we sent him to Benfica for a training camp years ago and I'm sure he said he'd used to play in defence. 

That certainly would put us in the book of records for the smallest defence in the history of football.

Edited by Chubbychops

9 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Our lineup is frighteningly bad. Another youth player chucked in for a debut. Just isn’t the time whatsoever to do that against a depleted Dunfermline side 

I was looking through your side there and very surprised with the amount of players I hadn’t ever heard of. The last four on the teamsheet basically, who all seem to be youth players. A huge amount to be playing at once. 

I take it McKinstry has never got up to speed? 

People must think we have over egged the injury situation. Wait until they get a load of this on the telly tonight 🤣

The only consistent part of our team selection for the past few months has been us having two keepers as first names on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was looking through your side there and very surprised with the amount of players I hadn’t ever heard of. The last four on the teamsheet basically, who all seem to be youth players. A huge amount to be playing at once. 

I take it McKinstry has never got up to speed? 

Been the downfall of our season playing youth guys who are completely untested and from what I’ve seen, simply not ready for the rigours of championship football. Our right back tonight in Mauchin only made his first senior start on Tuesday and tonight Fairlie is making his first start in senior football. We’re simply not learning from our mistakes. Total arrogance of the club to think this will work  

Mckinstry has been a real non starter so far. Quite clearly not match sharp as of yet but in his limited minutes, he’s looked miles off it. For a guy that was deemed decent enough in the premiership just last season, I’m disappointed with what I’ve seen of him 

5 minutes ago, Heaton said:

People must think we have over egged the injury situation. Wait until they get a load of this on the telly tonight 🤣

The only consistent part of our team selection for the past few months has been us having two keepers as first names on the bench. 

I guarantee you'll change your mind about how winnable this game is very, very early on. Our lineup is mental for what should be a game we're going out to win.

Edited by Zanetti

4 minutes ago, Heaton said:

In terms of outfield players there's 26 minutes of championship experience apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I guarantee you'll change your mind about how winnable this game is very, very early on. Our lineup is mental for what should be a game we're going out to win.

Looks like a strightforward acceptance of L1 football next year, rather than an attempt to turn things round against a way under-strength Dunfermline team.

Mental, right enough.

Edited to add: not quite as mental as Davie Hopkin apparently 'helping out'... you guys are the gift that just doesn't stop giving...

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P