πŸ§‘πŸ–€πŸ§‘ Shed v Cowshed πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

This. I'm no fan of English by any stretch but he was clearly just giving the Morton boy a right of reply on Goodwin's comments.Β 

Nah, he was buying into a cliche about a team he hasn’t watched (the weird piano players/piano shifters was his own quite deliberate phrase).

Duffy and Miller - who had actually watched the game - were very impressed with us and the game in general, without any wise guy remarks.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

If big George's strike for the winner is deliberately timed with Weller singing 'a kick in the balls', that's an early contender for post of the year...

Either way, immense stuff.

πŸ˜‰

Thrown together on my phone so the start and end is rough as a result but yes, that bit was most definitely intentional.

Finally caught the highlights. That winner is such a brilliant finish, I’m bloody delighted for Oakley getting a moment like that.Β 

The β€˜big physical’ stuff is just so funny at this point. This team are direct and aggresive, but they are not hammer-throwers. I would accept the accusation for David β€˜why play on the ground when the sky exists’ Hopkin, and (some) of Duffy’s tenure - but it’s just nonsense now.Β 

14 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Nah, he was buying into a cliche about a team he hasn’t watched (the weird piano players/piano shifters was his own quite deliberate phrase).

Duffy and Miller - who had actually watched the game - were very impressed with us and the game in general, without any wise guy remarks.

Listen to it again, he's definitely joking. McIntyre is laughing in the background.

His exact words to Dean were 'Jim Goodwin would have us believe that you're a bunch of hammer throwers. What's the reality?'

3 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Listen to it again, he's definitely joking. McIntyre is laughing in the background.

His exact words to Dean were 'Jim Goodwin would have us believe that you're a bunch of hammer throwers. What's the reality?'

'Not currently available'.

A halfway serious journalist (yeah, I know) wouldn't be taking part in that discussion without having watched the game (and I suspect he hasn't seen us at all this season); and a halfway serious journalist wouldn't in those circumstances have led on the piano players/piano shifters pish (his own invention), which just plays into the sterotype in total ignorance of the actual situation.

The fact that he's smarter than the likes of Allan Preston or Derek Ferguson, and therefore able to pivot to a bit of banter when he maybe realises he's talking pish, doesn't change that one bit.

Anyway, maybe they'll stop now (again, yeah, I know...).

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

'Not currently available'.

A halfway serious journalist

Any journalist, even a semi competent one, would lead on this question. It gives an angle to the story and stirs it up a bit which is basically their job. Otherwise you just end up with the Jim White Brian Laudrup version of journalism.Β 

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Any journalist, even a semi competent one, would lead on this question. It gives an angle to the story and stirs it up a bit which is basically their job. Otherwise you just end up with the Jim White Brian Laudrup version of journalism.Β 

No matter how bad Sportsound sometimes is, their job is not to be casually ignorant and boring.

57 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Just watched Goodwin's after match interview..  🀣🀣🀣

Same. Man’s a fud.

Tom English, (nearly) all is forgiven…

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

just absolutely delicious.

Not sure what they were thinking releasing nsfw content on main

Β 

My takeaway from that - Sibbald doesn’t touch the ball but it’s a bit of a soft yellow. Β However, given the number of very soft yellows already dished out I suppose it’s consistent.Β 
Β 

I thought at the game Oakley was fouling Holt in lead up to third goal but they were pulling each others shirts.Β 
Β 

So it goes.Β