Weather watch 6/1/24

On 09/01/2024 at 21:08, john-m- said:

The difference on that occasion is that the pitch was playable when inspected by a referee and then an absolute moonsoon came down about 11.30am and never stopped. 

Glenafton informed us the pitch was playable and did not require a pitch inspection at 10am fast forward 2 and a half hours and large parts of the pitch were frozen solid

When it can get colder as the day goes on. As clearly happened on Saturday, I was out a walk before heading to the park and it most certainly got colder

11:30 you say the monsoon came on, our bus back then left at 12. Half an hour is enough time to inform the opposition team of the bad rain 👍

19 hours ago, GLENAFTON_LOYAL said:

When it can get colder as the day goes on. As clearly happened on Saturday, I was out a walk before heading to the park and it most certainly got colder

11:30 you say the monsoon came on, our bus back then left at 12. Half an hour is enough time to inform the opposition team of the bad rain 👍

So your pitch went from playable 1st thing after a frosty night but froze after the sun came out? Makes sense 🤣

On 10/01/2024 at 14:00, tell_me_more said:

I think the fact it took the referee some time to decide whether the game should be on or not means it was far from being frozen solid. Stop exaggerating.

And if it is a 100 mile round trip from Barrhead to New Cumnock I would suggest you consult a map. Stop exaggerating.

Who said he was travelling from Barrhead? Its an 80mile round trip from Barrhead to new cumnock. You took a chance hoping it would thaw out in time and it never, people would have more respect for you guys if you just admitted that fact 

13 minutes ago, john-m- said:

So your pitch went from playable 1st thing after a frosty night but froze after the sun came out? Makes sense 🤣

What part of it can get colder as the day goes on is difficult to understand? 

It was said the game I'm referring to in 2017 a monsoon came on at half 11, when our bus left half an hour after that therefore plenty of time to notify the traveling team. Not hard to understand.

13 minutes ago, john-m- said:

Who said he was travelling from Barrhead? Its an 80mile round trip from Barrhead to new cumnock. You took a chance hoping it would thaw out in time and it never, people would have more respect for you guys if you just admitted that fact 

Aww so you're gonna come out with what now somebody was traveling from the Shetlands then? 😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, GLENAFTON_LOYAL said:

Aww so you're gonna come out with what now somebody was traveling from the Shetlands then? 😂😂😂😂

Not everyone who follows Arthurlie lives in barrhead obviously that’s really not that difficult to understand is it. Listen don’t gies your pish about the temperature dropping from 10am until 12 then jumping back up again as i said you’s chanced it and it backfired just admit it and move on 👍

Edited by john-m-

24 minutes ago, john-m- said:

Not everyone who follows Arthurlie lives in barrhead obviously that’s really not that difficult to understand is it. Listen don’t gies your pish about the temperature dropping from 10am until 12 then jumping back up again as i said you’s chanced it and it backfired just admit it and move on 👍

Ma pish? It's a temperature I was out in myself therefore experienced it get colder as the day went on therefore I am very qualified to say the temperature dropped as the day went on. You play the victim all you want 👍