Weather watch 6/1/24

Glenafton call off game at 12.45,  way after players and supporters had departed for the game. Yet they didn't have a morning inspection, why not?

14 minutes ago, Monalie said:

Glenafton call off game at 12.45,  way after players and supporters had departed for the game. Yet they didn't have a morning inspection, why not?

Shambles from Glenafton. Having seen pictures of the pitch the league need to take them to task over not having had a morning inspection. It was no where near playable. We were just at Cumnock when we found out it was off. Ended up going to the Cumnock v Rob Roy snooze fest. 

Edited by Arthurlie1981

47 minutes ago, Monalie said:

Johnstone Burgh say “hold my beer”

Tweet the game b Downfield is on, then match postponed 45 mins prior to kick off when the Dundee side were down.

That’s twice it’s happened now.

An hour before kick off the entire Burgh committee, coaches and a few others who help were in the pitch.

My guess is they tried to pressure Downfield and the Officials to play the game.

Bad enough to do it once to a team from Dundee, but twice is inexcusable. 

9 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Johnstone Burgh say “hold my beer”

Tweet the game b Downfield is on, then match postponed 45 mins prior to kick off when the Dundee side were down.

That’s twice it’s happened now.

An hour before kick off the entire Burgh committee, coaches and a few others who help were in the pitch.

My guess is they tried to pressure Downfield and the Officials to play the game.

Bad enough to do it once to a team from Dundee, but twice is inexcusable. 

Should lose home advantage now.