Queens v Alloa

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

You try snd tell me what Bartley seen in Hutchinson to offer him a 2 year deal  .

To be fair, he had been deadly at National League South level in England, and a fairly regular scorer in the National League as well. That should bode well for playing in SPFL League One or Championship. For example, his goal-scoring record at Aldershot Town was about three times better than Joel Nouble, who played at the same club before doing very well up here.

I was at the game yesterday and it won't last long in the memory  in Hutchinson defence the service he received yesterday was awful , how are you supposed to score goals when we don't create anything,  Gav deserves a medal for the goals he has scored this season as service to our strikers is awful .I honestly hate one upfront no surprise Hutchinson best moments came when we went two up top . On top of that looks like another injury at fullback yesterday .On the whole it was a dismal watch on the positive one defeat in six about the only positive from yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Comedy is no laughing matter.

An absolutely essential prerequisite of being a fan of a lower league club in Scotland ... the ability to laugh at your own predicament.

13 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

To be fair, he had been deadly at National League South level in England, and a fairly regular scorer in the National League as well. That should bode well for playing in SPFL League One or Championship. For example, his goal-scoring record at Aldershot Town was about three times better than Joel Nouble, who played at the same club before doing very well up here.

Was Hutchinson deployed in a lone striker role in England?

Interesting insight there, thanks @Priti priti priti Patel ... probably explains the rationale behind his (Hutchinson's) 2 year contract. Also shows how "hit and miss" the player recruitment business can be.

Maybe he could still be OK with the right kind of support.

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Interesting insight there, thanks @Priti priti priti Patel ... probably explains the rationale behind his (Hutchinson's) 2 year contract. Also shows how "hit and miss" the player recruitment business can be.

Maybe he could still be OK with the right kind of support.

Could only find this. I'd say it's a decent record at South level but I don't think his National League stats are anything worth getting excited about. He scored some for Hitchin but I get the impression that's about "Juniors" level. 

Regardless, I don't think his goalscoring record before us was particularly great. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Could only find this. I'd say it's a decent record at South level but I don't think his National League stats are anything worth getting excited about. He scored some for Hitchin but I get the impression that's about "Juniors" level. 

Regardless, I don't think his goalscoring record before us was particularly great. 

I don't think you've pasted in whatever you intended to, but his record was 12 goals in 18 starts at National League South. That's the same level we signed Ayo Obileye or Shaun Rooney from. It's comparable to League One or lower end of Championship. Then he moved up to National League and got 4 from 10 starts.

6 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Was Hutchinson deployed in a lone striker role in England?

Not sure about Aldershot (NL), but at Eastbourne (NLS) he was the CF of a front three with a CAM supporting him. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

34 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Or battering Young Edinburgh City supporters after the game last week. 

For the avoidance of doubt assault jokes aren't funny, Brian. Playstation memes are.

Edited by LeodhasXD

36 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I don't think you've pasted in whatever you intended to, but his record was 12 goals in 18 starts at National League South. That's the same level we signed Ayo Obileye or Shaun Rooney from. It's comparable to League One or lower end of Championship. Then he moved up to National League and got 4 from 10 starts.

Some good stats there.

Rooney was at York 2016-17 and they were a national league team that season albeit came bottom. 

He was also utterly shite for us so maybe we shouldn't write off Hutchinson quite yet. 😉

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Some good stats there.

Rooney was at York 2016-17 and they were a national league team that season albeit came bottom. 

He was also utterly shite for us so maybe we shouldn't write off Hutchinson quite yet. 😉

Did Marvin actually go and see him play or just watch a video his agent sent him .

My thing is okay if you must  gamble sign him but with a option of another year not just give him a 2 year deal why do that .

I imagine to come up here he will be on a decent contract plus do we still give our English players a free flat in Hamilton certainly did that before with the likes of Ayo and others.

10 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Not sure about Aldershot (NL), but at Eastbourne (NLS) he was the CF of a front three with a CAM supporting him. 

Bloody hell. I'll put it in here. Obviously I don't know how accurate it is but I don't think they're worth a 2 year deal tbh. 

Screenshot_20240114-143201.png

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Obviously I don't know how accurate it is

Probably fine for games and goals, but clearly not for assists, as he was somehow credited with an assist for Connelly's goal on Saturday!

22 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Did Marvin actually go and see him play or just watch a video his agent sent him .

My thing is okay if you must  gamble sign him but with a option of another year not just give him a 2 year deal why do that .

I imagine to come up here he will be on a decent contract plus do we still give our English players a free flat in Hamilton certainly did that before with the likes of Ayo and others.

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. If the boy had been a success and had scored a few goals then we would have been critising manager for not signing a two year deal when he would now be able to sign a pre contract. 

Have we not been here before with Nicky Clark and Lyndon Dykes?