Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

15 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

-20C at Arrowhead. I wonder how many outdoor games would be played here in those temperatures. 

I know they need to get these games done but surely that pitch can’t be safe to play on?

Nevermind the thought of being in the stands to watch the game for 4 hours. I’ve been frozen enough at games here not nearly as cold as that.

Can't be anything more frustrating that watching your CB give up a huge PI and allow the completion anyway. I mean, it's a spot foul, so if you're going to give them a free 40 yards at least knock the guy flat on his arse before the ball gets there, faceguard him, or pull his hands down or something. 

Watched the 40 minute highlights and that didn’t look the best of games. Obviously weather ruined it from being a spectacle. That’s what Miami get for shitting the bed against Buffalo last week 

On 08/01/2024 at 18:55, pozbaird said:

Chiefs will absolutely scud the Dolphins, and we’ll all be treated to seeing Belichick, Brady and Gronkowski celebrating on the field while Taylor Swift smiles down from the posh seats. We all know it. Kunts will likely win the whole shooting match. Again.

Shite. Sorry, I meant we’ll see Reid, Mahomes and Kelce, and Taylor fcuking Swift. Such an easy mistake to make.

Easiest. Prediction. Ever.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Watched the 40 minute highlights and that didn’t look the best of games. Obviously weather ruined it from being a spectacle. That’s what Miami get for shitting the bed against Buffalo last week 

I gave up at half time. The Dolphins were awful. Defense had kept them in it by keeping the Chiefs mainly to field goals, but throwing screens that your receivers kept dropping anyway isn't going to get you very far.

In 40ish years of watching NFL since it first aired on channel 4, I've never seen a helmet break like that. You have to wonder if the extreme cold had anything to do with it.

Mahomes wasn't pulled for a concussion check btw.

20240114_123854.jpg

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Watched the 40 minute highlights and that didn’t look the best of games. Obviously weather ruined it from being a spectacle. That’s what Miami get for shitting the bed against the Titans 3 weeks ago

FTFY.

Josh Allen always plays like superman v the Dolphins and it was a one score game where special teams laid an egg on the punt return. Not really a bed shitting.

If they hadn’t blown a 14 point lead with 2.30 left against the Titans they would have won the East. Now that is a bed shitting.

Lots of questions about McD’s game planning, infuriating habit of not sticking to running the ball (3rd and 2 - screen then pass the Hill - T/O on downs pretty much stamped it game over early doors). He has done this over and over as if he is out-smarting himself. Over reliance on Hill, Tua not stepping up in a lot of the big games. So many injuries on Edge so no pressure whatsoever on Mahomes. Key players banged up on both sides of the ball.

Just a massive anti-climax to end a really promising season.

Not sure why McD provokes hatred as above. His story is inspiring. Suppose he isn’t an archetypal Bellichick tree man’s man, most whom seem to be curiously unemployed right now.

If it ends up chiefs v the cowboys I might have to side with the cowboys I am seriously fed up with the swift stuff and Mahomes getting "roughing the passer" if the other teams D breathes on him 

Tonight's easy choice lamb/kupp anytime td 😉

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

If it ends up chiefs v the cowboys I might have to side with the cowboys I am seriously fed up with the swift stuff and Mahomes getting "roughing the passer" if the other teams D breathes on him 

Tonight's easy choice lamb/kupp anytime td 😉

Hi ya! Hi ya doulikefish.

5A0F74CF-28D7-4C26-9777-7EB65169F1F2.jpeg