Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

8 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think there have to be large questions about the Dolphins being flat track bullies with a 10-1 record against teams who didn't make the playoffs and 1-6 (inc vs KC yesterday ) vs those who did; yes there were injuries at the end but not the whole season.

I actually don't mind McDaniel but I can see how his "corny nerd" shtick would wind folk up. As you say he also seems to outthink himself a lot. The pieces are definitely there for Miami but I still think the QB is one you can win with, not one who wins you games on his own.

Miami playcalling was a bit strange yesterday. Constant Corner routes with a QB who struggles to get the ball there, and the endless passes into the flat that either fell incomplete or KC sniffed out before the ball was out of Tua's hand. Fair enough, you can't always run the O you want dependent on what the D is determined to take away, but when you are struggling and behind in a game, I'd rather see my QB taking shots vertically and the ball falling incomplete than him chucking it behind the L.O.S constantly and the receiver getting drilled as soon as the ball got there. Just a strange performance all around, and a lot of the Dolphins players looked like they just didn't want to be there.

I was also a bit confused at the comparative lack of motion. Ok, field was frozen and changing direction is tough, but they've sent TH in motion constantly this year to get him away from jams at the L.O.S., they didn't do much of that yesterday, and KC chucked the shit out of Hill which has always been exactly how teams kept him quiet when he was a KC player himself. All a bit odd.

Edited by Boo Khaki

As much as I dislike the Packers, I dislike "America's Team" TM considerably more. This is glorious. Big Mike better hope his cv is up to date. 

Edited by Swarley

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Would be funny if this turned into a 50+ point thumping because I can't see Jerry just shrugging and letting that go unpunished. No doubt "the talk" will start up about Dak again.

Biggest ever home defeat in the playoffs at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Think Dan Quinn might be getting a few interview requests retracted?

He's already checked out and concentrating on how to get Seattle into the Play-offs next season. 

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Biggest ever home defeat in the playoffs at the moment. 

Still another 14-21pts for Green Bay in this quarter too. 

Yeah, all the Cowboys DB's playing 10+ yards off is weird with this scoreline. Seen plenty of that with Brandon Staley in totally inexplicable situations, but when you are getting pumped 41-16 it's just plain odd.