High / Low status

Having bad manners is a pretty broad one which can range from things like checking your phone when in mid conversation to not covering your mouth when sneezing during a meal in a fancy restaurant.

A lot of the bad manners ones come around people and their phones these days.There is nothing that boils my piss more than being in a group of 3+ people and someone answers their phone and just natters away forcing the others to listen to their phone conversation. It’s usually not an attempt to be rude but how fucking ignorant can you be to obstruct the other people in your presence from talking to one another whilst you take a phone call that everyone has to listen to?

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

Having bad manners is a pretty broad one which can range from things like checking your phone when in mid conversation to not covering your mouth when sneezing during a meal in a fancy restaurant.

They’re your kids mate. You should take more accountability for their behaviour.

27 minutes ago, throbber said:

A lot of the bad manners ones come around people and their phones these days.There is nothing that boils my piss more than being in a group of 3+ people and someone answers their phone and just natters away forcing the others to listen to their phone conversation. It’s usually not an attempt to be rude but how fucking ignorant can you be to obstruct the other people in your presence from talking to one another whilst you take a phone call that everyone has to listen to?

Mrs Mullarkant does that in the living room when were watching the telly. She signals to me to turn the telly down but I just whack it up to about 18, forcing her to leave the room.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Mrs Mullarkant does that in the living room when were watching the telly. She signals to me to turn the telly down but I just whack it up to about 18, forcing her to leave the room.

That is awful chat - I remember my mum doing worse once and entered the room I was watching tv in when she was on the phone and she grabbed the remote and turned the volume down. Still not forgiven her for that one.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

That is awful chat - I remember my mum doing worse once and entered the room I was watching tv in when she was on the phone and she grabbed the remote and turned the volume down. Still not forgiven her for that one.

That's disgusting. 

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Low status: people who can't drive.

I learned to drive at 17 but didn’t own a car until I was in my mid 30s, I didn’t really need one. Quite a few people I worked with were kind of taken aback at that. I just used to hire a car if I needed one.

I know a few people who can’t drive who’ve said their colleagues were a bit weird with them when they found out. I guess it depends on where you are - in big cities it’s fairly normal but in smaller places it’s more common to drive I think.

Just now, ICTChris said:

I learned to drive at 17 but didn’t own a car until I was in my mid 30s, I didn’t really need one. Quite a few people I worked with were kind of taken aback at that. I just used to hire a car if I needed one.

I know a few people who can’t drive who’ve said their colleagues were a bit weird with them when they found out. I guess it depends on where you are - in big cities it’s fairly normal but in smaller places it’s more common to drive I think.

I only learned out of necessity tbh because I live out in the sticks and public transport here is absolutely dreadful. If I didn't need to drive, I probably wouldn't. 

8 hours ago, throbber said:

One bad turn deserves another in this case. The other 2+ should immediately, and loudly, comment on the side of the conversation they can hear, preferably offering ludicrous advise.