High / Low status

I saw a table from a recent paper about what are considered high and low status criteria. The paper includes the following table with actions or traits that are considered most high status and low status.

image.thumb.png.94430e8cdeaa5e0aaab381be29e309bf.png

Being an intelligent, trusted member of a group who has been accepted into a prestigious university makes someone the most high status.  Being a stupid, dirty thief is the lowest status. Find it interesting that being kind is high status, while being mean or nasty to others is low status.

What activities and traits do P&Bers think are high and low status?

What specific activities on P&B do you consider high and low status?

24 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Low status - Clapping when the plane lands.

High status - Pulling a disgusted face when others clap when the plane lands. 

Similarly, 

Low status - standing in a queue of people waiting to board a flight with allocated seating. 

High status - remaining seated until the queue has almost ended and being the last one on board. 

I almost got a clean sweep. Not a hard  worker, dirty or a thief. Well balanced individual imo.

they missed:

High status- Getting your round in/ getting good cakes for colleagues.

Low status- fully coordinated matching Nike outfit. 

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Does this count if I’m exercising? 

Good question. Obviously at one end of the spectrum you've got sponsored athletes or uniformed teams who can obviously claim an exemption. At the other end you've got orange duck faces going to the gym long enough to film a tik tok on the treadmill. 

Sounds like a referral to the status monitoring board. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Good question. Obviously at one end of the spectrum you've got sponsored athletes or uniformed teams who can obviously claim an exemption. At the other end you've got orange duck faces going to the gym long enough to film a tik tok on the treadmill. 

Sounds like a referral to the status monitoring board. 

Would you believe me if I said I was a sponsored athlete 

High status People who are engaging and interested. People who have a particularly field of interest that they know a lot about.

Low status: People who are more interested in their phones during conversation. People who interrupt.  People who pretend they have good knowledge rather than admit they don’t know the answer to something.