High / Low status

I think that loads of the pop-advice / self improvement gurus that seem to be popular today give appalling bad advice to people, particularly men. If you read lots of these guys there’s this idea you need to be dominant, aggressive, be a winner, an alpha etc to be a successful person, to meet women, to do well in your work etc. Often these gurus will display really horrible traits themselves personally, being abusive, violent or prone to alcohol and drug abuse.

I don’t think think I’ve ever heard these people (I’m sure you all know the genre of people in talking about) ever say that being kind is a good way to succeed. Hopefully their social media teach exaggerates how seriously people take them and IRL people have better guidance.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think that loads of the pop-advice / self improvement gurus that seem to be popular today give appalling bad advice to people, particularly men. If you read lots of these guys there’s this idea you need to be dominant, aggressive, be a winner, an alpha etc to be a successful person, to meet women, to do well in your work etc. Often these gurus will display really horrible traits themselves personally, being abusive, violent or prone to alcohol and drug abuse.

I don’t think think I’ve ever heard these people (I’m sure you all know the genre of people in talking about) ever say that being kind is a good way to succeed. Hopefully their social media teach exaggerates how seriously people take them and IRL people have better guidance.

As a man who is nothing like that and on a dating app, I think they are on to something TBH.

14 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

High Status 

A Platinum Membership of Pie and Bovril

Low Status 

A Gold Membership of Pie and Bovril

High status - downloading adfee

Low status - getting mugged every month/year

Your premium chat is no party without ME, and you fucking know it. 

11 hours ago, Gnash said:

As a man who is nothing like that and on a dating app, I think they are on to something TBH.

Do single women still like a man with a self depreciating ironic wit?

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Your premium chat is no party without ME, and you fucking know it. 

True, although there are other perks to a platinum membership such as being able to read gold member's PM's and a £10 Farmfoods voucher.

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The problem with these handles is that they appeal to young men with no life experience whatsoever who want to make their print on the earth despite not having any skills to back up their attitudes towards others. They lack the patience for personal development and get frustrated that the world hasn’t fallen into place for them and then take their frustrations out on others which can quite often be young women who aren’t interested.

One of the better messages to spread to young people is self development and to learn a skill that makes them valuable to others, then you can have a bit of leverage. 

Also, don’t be a disrespectful little c**t.