Forfar Athletic v Elgin City (13/01/2024)

3 points - Yay.

More McKinnon - Boo

We really needed to win that & thanks to a late penalty we did. 

The same problems are still there, we rely on set pieces & we were honestly wasteful with the chances we had.

Mykyta was much better on the left & whipped in a lovely cross for the 1st.

McLean scored twice but honestly he was still mince, skelly scores them both & we've scraped past a side just as shite as we are.

Next two home league games are the real test, Bonnyrigg are a gang & apart from our last trip to NDP have had our number. Spartans, much more organised & at the right end of the table.

Whilst I'll take an 8th or 9th place finish right now, I don't see how it fixes anything.

We should all rightfully enjoy the win today but also not pretend we were brilliant. 1st half was the usual shite & 2nd half Elgin were, well, they were Elgin.

5 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Yes, he was. But Elgin weren't as stinking when he was on the park.

As has been stated, 2 poor sides, desperately needed 3 points.

They were the same level of stinking for the entire game and Jones had a nightmare.

Some signs of improvement but a long, long way to go yet. Thought it was a penalty, ridiculous challenge for the guy to make as if Munro was going to do anything from there. Liked the look of Tyler and McLean took this goals, all you can ask after the shitshow this season has been up to now. Still have feeling this just another false dawn however…

Edited by nofixedability

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Poor game, shite teams, clueless referee, nice sunset.

IMG_7946.jpeg

Nice pic, right about the rest but could you have expected anything else. Should have saved the £14 for further pastry?

49 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

:(

Deserved scoreline? Penalty decision fair?

Point probably fair, 2 horrific teams.

Penalty is one of those where it's stonewall if you're the set of supporters asking for it, harsh if you're conceding it. Daft challenge to make mind you.

18 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Nice pic, right about the rest but could you have expected anything else. Should have saved the £14 for further pastry?

Only managed to get a steak bridie. Cameron’s had run out of chicken ones. Got a pie and bridie at the wee Saddlers hut though.

46 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Time travel does exist, I come home from Station Park happy and Gladiators are on the telly, it’s the ‘90s again! 

Surely gladiators isn't near as good as it was though? Personally I miss such classics as robot wars & scrapheap challenge.

2-1 flattered us tbh, we were poor second half. Thought the reluctance to bring on subs was really strange from Hale, the midfield were missing for much of the second half. The new signings seem to have a bit about them and with 3 home games in a row I still have some confidence we can get out of trouble a bit, but we need some results in the next few games.

7 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Surely gladiators isn't near as good as it was though? Personally I miss such classics as robot wars & scrapheap challenge.

No Jet, Saracen, Lightning, Wolf or John Anderson so definitely not! Still decent fun though 

The Walshes nowhere near as good as Ulrikakaka and Fash either. AWOOGA!

15 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

No Jet, Saracen, Lightning, Wolf or John Anderson so definitely not! Still decent fun though 

The Walshes nowhere near as good as Ulrikakaka and Fash either. AWOOGA!

Wolf was & still is a terrifying individual. 

46 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

One of the Gladiators is from Dundee. No, it’s not as good but only because Jet isn’t on it now