Worst Championship XI so far

22 minutes ago, Reid said:

Deniz Mehmet

Gordon Walker - Nick McAllister - Sam Fisher - Colin Hamilton

Mark Stowe - Steven Boyd - Roy Syla - Turan

Ahke Rose - Todorov

A few players shoehorned into positions and some of them I’m sure are decent players at this level (Todorov and Fisher) but were rotten when I’ve seen them.

Yeah, Fisher is a good young player. I wasn't at Firhill that day but was widely agreed he was poor that in that match.  Again definately not one of the worst.

I do see Partick fans putting Pars players in their teams. Understandable when you've beaten us both games but we have much poorer players than Fisher and Jakubiak to be honest.

Mehmet is merited though.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

400+ mins, which maybe rules most of the actual worst players out tbh, but here we go...

GK

Ahui - Little - Muirhead - Ballantyne

Tillson - Aiken

Hepburn - Crawford - Turan

Todorov

What Crawford is this out of curiosity? Cannae be Robbie Crawford. 

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It really, really, doesn't rate Aiken. Is he one who does things that data simply wont pick up? Had issues with Ali McCann being under rated too as I can use "pressure" type actions.

air.thumb.png.db425b4287edd2d95abcb08b6f0e2449.png

Possibly yeah, I think Ali McCann is a good comparison actually. He’s been out for a few months now but he was generally the middle man in a three with McCabe/McMaster sitting deep, Frizzell much further forward as the creative player and Aiken going between. I thought his ball-winning stats would be better but for me his best asset is his energy getting around the park and coincidentally or not, near enough all our good performances without him have been with an extra man in midfield. Not someone who’ll get many goals or assists though. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

400+ mins, which maybe rules most of the actual worst players out tbh, but here we go...

GK

Ahui - Little - Muirhead - Ballantyne

Tillson - Aiken

Hepburn - Crawford - Turan

Todorov

Can we get the graphic for Muirhead please? 

9 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I'm guessing Muirhead is in there because he's a detestable c**t? Pains me to say it but he is a good defender and is nowhere near the level of player we are talking about

On 13/01/2024 at 10:20, AllanJM said:

Genuinely amazed nobody has chose. Mehmet in goals yet. The guy is awful. I actually expected to see even pars fans picking him.

A bit like people picking Chalmers when you have Allan next to him, picking Mehmet when we have played Sharp wouldn't make sense. 

I think Sharp was in goals against you at Firhill? 

14 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

What Crawford is this out of curiosity? Cannae be Robbie Crawford. 

It is aye, think his defensive stuff being lacking has killed him here.

craw.thumb.png.2bcfe2b880ee21d88777579842eef6f2.png

He narrowly "beat" a Stanway (Partick), Allan (Dunfermline), and Blues, to make the worst 3.

13 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

muir.thumb.png.be50d07b512ba4285a5210eb15845aaf.png

Kind of just below average at most things and his one benefit isnt too outstanding?

I find CBs are hard to get right though, as they're so restricted by how they're asked to play and theres such extremes between how theyre asked to play.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It is aye, think his defensive stuff being lacking has killed him here.

craw.thumb.png.2bcfe2b880ee21d88777579842eef6f2.png

He narrowly "beat" a Stanway (Partick), Allan (Dunfermline), and Blues, to make the worst 3.

muir.thumb.png.be50d07b512ba4285a5210eb15845aaf.png

Kind of just below average at most things and his one benefit isnt too outstanding?

I find CBs are hard to get right though, as they're so restricted by how they're asked to play and theres such extremes between how theyre asked to play.

I'm shocked at that and my initial reaction is to go on the offensive as I absolutely love him. Perhaps the amount of ground he covers takes away from all of the above. Interesting read. Thanks for that.

I'm speaking about Robbie Crawford btw.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'm shocked at that and my initial reaction is to go on the offensive as I absolutely love him. Perhaps the amount of ground he covers takes away from all of the above. Interesting read. Thanks for that.

Its maybe the same with Aiken of Airdrie, I just can't take into account "off the ball pressures" or those types of moments, as I don't have access to that data.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

FWIW a tweak here and there to be less harsh on attacking midfielders, and this is the new "bottom 10" for players with 400+ mins.

Screenshot2024-01-14131354.png.3f44dd949675dfd1590404e830f9449b.png

Hes simply not escaping my system not liking him as a CM, really. Same with Aiken.

On 12/01/2024 at 23:23, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I have no idea who three of those defenders are. 

FWIW Paddy Reading would’ve been a mainstay in this team last season but not this year. Actually quite surprised a Thistle fan has put him in as he did really well in the last game between the sides in the 2-2 game. 

I’d go

Josh Rae (do not get the hype at all) 

Nick McAllister

Zak Delaney 

Charlie Fox

Tommy Robson

Barry Hepburn

Rhys McCabe

Joe Chalmers

Adam Frizzell

Ahkeem Rose

Aiden McGeady

Particularly enjoying the Airdrie cohort being offended by the inclusion of their absolute pish. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Particularly enjoying the Airdrie cohort being offended by the inclusion of their absolute pish. 

Nah tbf we’ve saved our worst performances of the season for the games against yous so can understand why you’ve put them in there.

Doesn’t mean I agree though 😉

5 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Would like to see some stats for Akheem Rose @RandomGuy.. Easily one of the worst strikers in the league.

It doesn't think hes that bad, tbh. Just sort of an average striker for you in the Championship. It thinks McKenzie is your worst striker this season.

rose.thumb.png.efa2e32b4ea127d1814bb44585f684ac.png

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesn't think hes that bad, tbh. Just sort of an average striker for you in the Championship. It thinks McKenzie is your worst striker this season.

rose.thumb.png.efa2e32b4ea127d1814bb44585f684ac.png

Interesting. Rose has had a few goals this season which probably bumps up the shooting efficiency unlike McKenzie. Do the stats for that factor in xG, as when watching both of them this season it feels like Rose has missed a lot of certain goals while McKenzie just hasn't had many opportunities. I'm not a big fan of xG but it would be interesting to see.

Rest of the stats are as expected, he just doesn't do much.

11 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Interesting. Rose has had a few goals this season which probably bumps up the shooting efficiency unlike McKenzie. Do the stats for that factor in xG, as when watching both of them this season it feels like Rose has missed a lot of certain goals while McKenzie just hasn't had many opportunities. I'm not a big fan of xG but it would be interesting to see.

Rest of the stats are as expected, he just doesn't do much.

More "shots per goal" for the efficiency one, mostly because WyScouts xG model is fairly bad. They rank some shots far higher/lower than they should so I got some weird results.

xG per 90 - McKenzie: 0.14 v Rose: 0.18

Non Pen Goals per 90 - McKenzie: 0 v Rose: 0.38

Non Pen Shots per 90 - McKenzie: 1.02 v Rose: 1.77

Shots on target % - McKenzie: 20% v Rose: 50%

If everyones teams are not containing Delaney, Lodivica and Sheridan then you've not watched had to watch the Caley often enough.

Shaw gets a notable mention although he is very much at either end of the spectrum being good or utter honking

Edited by bdu98196