Motherwell FC v Aloha

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

186 alloa fans  ?  aye right ,there were more than that 

I was thinking that when I heard the announcement. Certainly made plenty of noise throughout the game. Tho yer man with the drum needs to take a wee drum key and tune it a bit , the skin sounded slacker than a Mugabi pass.  Hope yous had a good wee day out looks like a tidy wee team there , all the best for the rest of the season.  

Quite surprised on the media stuff. Expected Motherwell to be a much more accommodating place with doing the media. It was like they were surprised to have us there but I assume much bigger media teams than us work there regularly. We are way too reliant on Sky in this country. The setup felt a bit archaic and muddled. BBC had one single camera, QTV had one single camera and despite what it says in the commercial requirements we didn't manage to get a feed from them. Really disappointed there's not any more joined up thought in these competitions.

Edited by LeodhasXD

7 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I was thinking that when I heard the announcement. Certainly made plenty of noise throughout the game. Tho yer man with the drum needs to take a wee drum key and tune it a bit , the skin sounded slacker than a Mugabi pass.  Hope yous had a good wee day out looks like a tidy wee team there , all the best for the rest of the season.  

Yes it was allright , nice to go somewhere different , good friendly atmosphere in the Cooper bar and around the ground , Consider yourself lucky , we have to put up with the Drum all of the time . best of luck to you guys too , your fans seem to be well grounded (pardon the pun )  .

Enjoyed my first trip to Fir Park in 28 years. As has been mentioned, the Davie Cooper Suite was good before the game and next time would go straight there from the train station rather than waste time in the Electric Bar.

The Motherwell fans we talked to at half time seemed really decent as well.

Good support through and made plenty of noise.

Thought we played well in the first half and Connor took his goal really well, seems to shine against Premier Division teams in the Scottish Cup. Not so good in the second half but overall a decent performance.

For me PJ and Scougall were our best players and special mention to Virtanen who I thought looked comfortable playing at right back.

46 minutes ago, printer said:

Sammo's goal and the players celebrating with the fans a special moment.

Enjoyable commentary, but did @KierenAAFC say Shittal at one point? 🤔

Might've. I definitely said Goldson for Quinn's header. The dangers of live TV.

37 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

For me PJ and Scougall were our best players and special mention to Virtanen who I thought looked comfortable playing at right back.

Thought that myself - sods law he's been waiting for game time and two players that he can cover for go down in one game with serious injuries.

I thought Virtanen did OK in both positions. Not sure I'd be comfortable with him starting at RB against Miller (or Morrison) next week, but maybe we'll have to go with that.

Or could Kev stand in? 🤔

3 minutes ago, printer said:

I thought Virtanen did OK in both positions. Not sure I'd be comfortable with him starting at RB against Miller (or Morrison) next week, but maybe we'll have to go with that.

Or could Kev stand in? 🤔

Behave😂

19 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

Enjoyed my first trip to Fir Park in 28 years. As has been mentioned, the Davie Cooper Suite was good before the game and next time would go straight there from the train station rather than waste time in the Electric Bar.

The Motherwell fans we talked to at half time seemed really decent as well.

Good support through and made plenty of noise.

Thought we played well in the first half and Connor took his goal really well, seems to shine against Premier Division teams in the Scottish Cup. Not so good in the second half but overall a decent performance.

I ended up getting into Electric Bar after the game but it took a long negotiation with the barman.

Great day out. Team were terrific, just ran out of gas a bit second half. For long spells I thought we had a real chance and Sammons goal was a brilliant moment.

13 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I ended up getting into Electric Bar after the game but it took a long negotiation with the barman.

Great day out. Team were terrific, just ran out of gas a bit second half. For long spells I thought we had a real chance and Sammons goal was a brilliant moment.

I just knew you would 😊, was annoyed at the time but glad to not give them anymore business. Davie Cooper Lounge for me in 2052.

On 21/01/2024 at 11:14, Magic Hat said:

rather than waste time in the Electric Bar.

Fucking awful place if yer just wanting a drink, it's went right up it's own arse.