Elgin City vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/01/24 at 14:59

50 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Would rather have Blair "bombscare" Malcolm in there today tbh, just for the physical presence.

Yep, I don't particularly rate Malcolm and I think Div Wilson blows hot and cold but RB just doesn't offer enough and is consistently poor (albeit he didn't have a terrible game vs The Rangers last week at LB).

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

Are we leading as much against the run of play as Twitter is suggesting?

I wouldn't say there's a lot in it. Jay hasn't made a save, but Elgin have had a swirling corner cleared off the line. And a few times they've blasted off target when they should've done a wee bit better. For us Mikey Ruth missed a one-on-one and Tony an early header from about five yards at the far post. But it's not exactly been a classic, not helped by a swirling wind.

I think if we take a bit more care in the final third there are more goals in this. But Elgin, and Mark Gallagher in particular, looked really dynamic going forward.

23 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Yep, I don't particularly rate Malcolm and I think Div Wilson blows hot and cold but RB just doesn't offer enough and is consistently poor (albeit he didn't have a terrible game vs The Rangers last week at LB).

Malcolm has mobility to get about the pitch, Blair hasn't.  Malcolm has the physical presence to win tackles, Div Wilson hasn't.  Blair and Wilson have had a season and a half to convince, and haven't, whilst Malcolm has had half a season.  Or am I missing something here ?

And why isn't Luca Vata being considered ?

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Malcolm has mobility to get about the pitch, Blair hasn't.  Malcolm has the physical presence to win tackles, Div Wilson hasn't.  Blair and Wilson have had a season and a half to convince, and haven't, whilst Malcolm has had half a season.  Or am I missing something here ?

And why isn't Luca Vata being considered ?

Fair enough summary, Kit. I think Div showed last season that he can be handy in our team, but hasn't shown it much this season. Malcolm hasn't had as much time, as you say, so maybe should get more of a chance.

I haven't seen much of Luca. Nobody has. You have to assume that the manager doesn't think he is quite there yet. That does, however, beg the question of why we haven't looked to get him out on loan for some game time. If he isn't going to be considered then we may as well plan ahead and get him some minutes elsewhere.

I’m sure Jan said Luca Vata has bulked up considerably. Be nice to see him get a chance, but Faz doesn’t seem to fancy him. Thought he’d be one for loaning out. Can’t imagine sitting on our bench is doing his development much good.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Vata isn't a defensive midfielder. I find the calls for him to play similar to the shouts for Harry Broun to start tbh.

Maybe the new bulked up Vata is more of a physical presence… Ryan Blair isn’t a DM either tbf and he’s getting a game.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Maybe the new bulked up Vata is more of a physical presence… Ryan Blair isn’t a DM either tbf and he’s getting a game.

Callum Wilson will start a game before Vata does. Blairs effectiveness may not be optimal but he is a defensive midfielder. 

If you can still muster any excitement for the rest of the reason, that’s a big win away to a side with a good home record. Puts an end to the winless run and solidifies the play off place. Now we can relax and hope for a bonus in other results going our way this afternoon.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

If you can still muster any excitement for the rest of the reason, that’s a big win away to a side with a good home record. Puts an end to the winless run and solidifies the play off place. Now we can relax and hope for a bonus in other results going our way this afternoon.

Hoping Stenny win today, 2nd place in the League needs to be our aim now.