St Mirren vs Celtic - Sun 11th Feb 2024 KO 2pm

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Any Morton fans revelling in this are not engaging the brain imo. We should all want Celtic out to open the competition up and a proper derby in the late rounds would be magnificent. 

Let the idiot have his fun 😂.

Best hope for the rest now is an OF quarter final.

Thought Welsh and Scales defended as well as they could against our crossing. The deliveries into the box were superb the whole game.

We didn't take our chances and Celtic took 2 of theirs along with missing some others. 

At least we gave it a go. Ironically we may need one of the gruesome twosome or Hearts to win the cup for our european hopes at the end of the season.

26 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

You're taking this well :lol: There's still time to bring it back...

The Five or six thousand fans who turn up for league games don’t give a f**k about games against the old firm. But then you wouldn’t know anything about top flight football as the Greenock tramps haven’t been in the top flight in about 50 years.:lol:

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 0-2

Weren’t at the races second half and can have no complaints overall. Surprised it only finished 0-2 actually, out with a whimper. Disappointing because that is not a good Celtic team and we haven’t even ran them close. 
Felt we missed the physicality of Kwon in the middle of the pitch, he’ll be straight back in the 11 next week.

No cup runs to Hampden again, there’s always next season I suppose. 

Agreed Kwon should be straight back in to replace Baccus, hopefully . CBM does not deserve to be dropped 

33 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair play to Celtic, though: as the commentators pointed out, they were missing some key players and the pitch was difficult to play on, so they've done well there.

Yeah I heard that too.  

So unfair for Celtic and Rangers with players unfit or unavailable.

Never happens to other teams. 

Those two clubs somehow manage to rise above all the difficulties thrown in their way. 

18 shots on goal for both teams, and Saints 11 corners to Celtic’s 4. 

I know it’s goals that matter, and disappointed to go out, but first time in a long time - even in games we’ve beaten them - that we’ve dominated Celtic for large parts of the game. 

Think the team will actually end up taking confidence from this, even in a defeat. 

Edited by Bobby_F

41 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The Five or six thousand fans who turn up for league games don’t give a f**k about games against the old firm. But then you wouldn’t know anything about top flight football as the Greenock tramps haven’t been in the top flight in about 50 years.:lol:

Two friends of mine have season tickets with their three grandkids.  

They never go to games against the OF, even though they’ve paid for them.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

I think the problem is you weren’t thinking 

Na, I'm pretty sure I have witnessed your team get horsed out the League Cup and surrender a 7 point lead gained when Rangers had a car salesman in charge in recent times, against a backdrop of shrill, entitled protests.

But still, we get to find out who was right in May don't we. 

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Two friends of mine have season tickets with their three grandkids.  

They never go to games against the OF, even though they’ve paid for them.

Get it right up the Helen Lovejoyesque bedwetting c***s then.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na, I'm pretty sure I have witnessed your team get horsed out the League Cup and surrender a 7 point lead gained when Rangers had a car salesman in charge in recent times, against a backdrop of shrill, entitled protests.

But still, we get to find out who was right in May don't we. 

You suggest we have no heart or steel. We have won 12 of the last 15 matches, loosing twice sorry whilst playing pretty poorly with a thread bare back 4 at times. What else would you call that? 

Do you expect us to go unbeaten every season and win everything all the time? We have done that once in my lifetime so settle down a bit mate.

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

You suggest we have no heart or steel. We have won 12 of the last 15 matches, loosing once whilst playing pretty poorly with a thread bare back 4 at times. What else would you call that? 

Do you expect us to go unbeaten every season and win everything all the time? We have done that once in my lifetime so settle down a bit mate.

Don't think I need to "settle down" at all mate. I just happen to think you have a team full of shitebags and an insincere man who would rather be elsewhere at the helm. But like I said... May will tell us 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Shitebags would have lost more than one game in the last 15 don’t you reckon? 

It's in the post mate. Try not to forget your absolutely exorbitant budgetary advantages and favourable refereeing 👍

Just now, Bairnardo said:

It's in the post mate. Try not to forget your absolutely exorbitant budgetary advantages and favourable refereeing 👍

Well the one thing in my favour here is you tend to get most things wrong. The fact you are descending into diddy seethe about refs tickled me though, more of that please

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Well the one thing in my favour here is you tend to get most things wrong. The fact you are descending into diddy seethe about refs tickled me though, more of that please

OK mate. Enjoy the rest of your night 👍