St Mirren vs Celtic - Sun 11th Feb 2024 KO 2pm

No replay in play due to a new SFA ruling.

Most memorable Scottish cup games for me between the two sides below.

St Mirren were very unfortunate not to win the first tie. 

IMG_7109.thumb.jpeg.8163d5572dd8e4d5060b8a69b37f9e1a.jpegIMG_7110.thumb.jpeg.821439f1ddfb384a2c583c4afe3254e9.jpeg

Zicos leg was broken by McGrain in the replay. That particular injury severely damaged our charge for the title that year which was Fergies first league title at Aberdeen.

The Love St ground capacity that night was tested. I’d say there was many more in the crowd that night than officially reported.

Thousands were locked out. Biggest crowd I was ever in at Love St.

IMG_7113.thumb.jpeg.ffa2abb74407bc38d5f6b96b1b0318be.jpeg

Date and time updated

Edited by Molotov

Think the OP is jumping the gun with the Date and kick off time as the TV picks haven't been announced yet although that's one of the four slots it could be in, given Viaplay have that slot and the Sunday one (BBC have Friday night and Saturday lunchtime) and get first pick they almost certainly pick this and the Rangers game as they will always pick both us and them purely for ratings number regardless of how attractive a tie it might be.   There is certainly a chance St Mirren could win this albeit we will be heavy favourites so understandable this being a TV pick but, like our match with Buckie in the last round who really wants to watch what will be an obvious routine walkover win for Rangers against Ayr United bar your average Paris Bun?

Anyway moot point but I'm hoping we get the Sunday slot as it's my stepson's 30th birthday party in Glasgow that Saturday night.... if we are in the Saturday teatime fixture any Saints fans on here give me a lift into the town afterwards? 😃

• Molotov changed the title to St Mirren vs Celtic - Sun 11th Feb 2024 KO 2pm
  • 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this the good lady and my daughter who has been away travelling over the last year are attending the game with me. Quietly confident with it being played in Paisley. Celtic of course are favourites but I'm putting a score on Saints for an outside chance. 

On 22/01/2024 at 09:40, Molotov said:

No replay in play due to a new SFA ruling.

Most memorable Scottish cup games for me between the two sides below.

St Mirren were very unfortunate not to win the first tie. 

IMG_7109.thumb.jpeg.8163d5572dd8e4d5060b8a69b37f9e1a.jpegIMG_7110.thumb.jpeg.821439f1ddfb384a2c583c4afe3254e9.jpeg

Zicos leg was broken by McGrain in the replay. That particular injury severely damaged our charge for the title that year which was Fergies first league title at Aberdeen.

The Love St ground capacity that night was tested. I’d say there was many more in the crowd that night than officially reported.

Thousands were locked out. Biggest crowd I was ever in at Love St.

IMG_7113.thumb.jpeg.ffa2abb74407bc38d5f6b96b1b0318be.jpeg

Date and time updated

I remember St Mirren and Celtic fans lifting fellow fans over their heads to safety as fans were getting crushed against the walls next to the turnstiles . Eventually fans just jumped through the turnstiles many got in for nothing. For sure the attendance was way above official figures. The second game was that the one the ref played extra time around 9 minutes? Until Celtic got the winner when in fact the game had not stopped much during the 90 minutes. 

On 06/02/2024 at 17:35, ZingaliMan said:

Nn trains running to Paisley on Sunday folks from Glasgow or from the coast. 

I hope that doesn't include Ayr as quite a few of us come on that line.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

I hope that doesn't include Ayr as quite a few of us come on that line.

Check out Scot Rail web site. Reading replacement busses will be used on parts of the Ayr line. If I was to get the replacement bus from Wemyss Bay it's giving a travel time of 1.5 hours to Paisley. Buses have to stop at all stations the train would stop. The car it is for me then. 

NGL shitting myself a wee bit over this. I had much the same feeling when we got emptied out the league cup earlier on in the season. Our past 3 games we have only scored from heavily deflected shots and penalties. Hopefully CCV and/or Taylor is back for this but I have no idea where they are at at present. The latter has been pretty shite this season but still  pisses all over Bernabei who I wouldnt even classify as a top 6 player.

On 06/02/2024 at 17:35, ZingaliMan said:

Nn trains running to Paisley on Sunday folks from Glasgow or from the coast. 

6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Check out Scot Rail web site. Reading replacement busses will be used on parts of the Ayr line. If I was to get the replacement bus from Wemyss Bay it's giving a travel time of 1.5 hours to Paisley. Buses have to stop at all stations the train would stop. The car it is for me then. 

Trains are fine on the Ayr line. Deisel Ayr to Prestwick then normal service to Paisley from Prestwick.

Hopefully more excuses will be made by Brendan Rogers about the awful state of St Mirren’s pitch being a factor in Celtics defeat (would a 4-0 defeat lead to a Mowbray moment?).

Tommy Docherty. What a guy! Get him in the HoF. 

Unrelated to this particular game but I hear Kwons done quite well? We have been crying out for a physical defensive midfielder but he was a bit of punt by us considering he's played his football in the Korean second division so a bit intrigued.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Trains are fine on the Ayr line. Deisel Ayr to Prestwick then normal service to Paisley from Prestwick.

Yes as per recent weeks after the fire. Just concerned after Zingalis post. Mate is a train driver and getting back to me for sunday. Would prefer not to drive and have beers.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Unrelated to this particular game but I hear Kwons done quite well? We have been crying out for a physical defensive midfielder but he was a bit of punt by us considering he's played his football in the Korean second division so a bit intrigued.

No he's been absolute rubbish so best you just give up on him and move on.

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He's shite - utterly shite.

We will just keep hold of him to prevent you guys the misfortune, just cos we're such good people.

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

Better off he stays at St Mirren for another 4 or 5 years to develop IMO

10 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

No he's been absolute rubbish so best you just give up on him and move on.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He's shite - utterly shite.

We will just keep hold of him to prevent you guys the misfortune, just cos we're such good people.

2 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Better off he stays at St Mirren for another 4 or 5 years to develop IMO

Thank you for all your sincere and honest comments. I had obviously been misinformed prior to this.