Kilmarnock v Hibernian

Wondered why there wasn't a thread, realised Hibs have a game tonight against the scum. Good luck, lads. 

Onto Saturday, I fancy us at home, always. It's Killie, so we're more than capable of a terrible off day still, but we have enough now to give anyone a good game. Those front options - Armstrong, Kennedy, Mackay-Stevens, Watkins, Vassell, Stewart - are as strong as anyone in the league imo.

The caveat is that our midfield is weakened with Lyons missing, and Magennis if he could get fit would be a starter too. Need to hope Rory keeps up the levels he's found in the last few games.

I'll go 2-1 the good guys.

Killie are clicking nicely now. Top 4 finish should be theirs. 

Hibs are floundering around in mid-table and the league needs a strong Hibs. 

Desmond please. 

Thank you. 

Won’t be attending this Saturday will be in Newcastle for a night out.

So a comfortable win for Monty’s men. BBF9198E-6D77-4ACC-85BE-7FF9ACD29277.png.33c4784dd49a10711583b52475b0886e.png

Spoiler

We’ll lose 3-0 to Killie and still play Levitt, Youan and Marshall. 

6 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Its impossible to overstate how big this game could turn out to be for us. St Mirren, currently 2 behind us, at home to Rangers. Aberdeen away to Hearts. A win moves us 9 clear of Hibs. 

Starts to open up a really nice gap on our rivals. 

St Mirren 2 behind us you say? Funny that, i thought the general consensus was that they were the big dogs of Scottish provincial fitba. 

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

How do you want to see your team line up, Hibs fans?

with 11 new players and a new head coach probably.

3 hours ago, AndyM said:

with 11 new players and a new head coach probably.

This tells you all you need to know about how we're feeling right now. We're currently Showpony FC and I'm not sure you'll even need to field 11 players to take all three points off us. 

Tommy, I've seen enough to know this current head coach hasn't got it and we are headed for a bottom six finish. He's ludicrously  rigid in his 4-4-2 mindset and plays tactics that went out in 1995. There are also players long past their sell by date and some who are not up to it.

Finishing in the bottom 6 given our budget will be fatal for any Hibs coach. Especially when you have options like Alex Neil about. 

Edited by AndyM

On 24/01/2024 at 15:25, Fide said:

The new lad from Liverpool should sort the midfield issues.

I live in Surrey now and go to see Crawley play in League Two. We had James Balagizi on loan for six months (should have been a season but he picked up an injury and was recalled.)

My word what a player. Far too good for League Two - he was electrifying. He was played as an attacking midfielder and he totally transformed the team - a huge fans' favourite. Non-stop energy and strong driving runs.

He's still very young though. When he first started playing for Crawley, he broke through the midfield in one of his first games, when the crowd roared he stopped because he thought something had happened!

He is highly rated by Liverpool - I really hope he does well for you.

Edited by Sons FC

56 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

I live in Surrey now and go to see Crawley in play League Two. We had James Balagizi on loan for six months (should have been a season but he picked up an injury and was recalled.)

My word what a player. Far too good for League Two - he was electrifying. He was played as an attacking midfielder and he totally transformed the team - a huge fans' favourite. Non-stop energy and strong driving runs.

He's still very young though. When he first started playing for Crawley, he broke through the midfield in his one of his first games, when the crowd roared he stopped because he thought something had happened!

He is highly rated by Liverpool - I really hope he does well for you.

Excellent to hear. Looking forward to seeing the lad. 

On 24/01/2024 at 23:24, deadasdillinger said:

Its impossible to overstate how big this game could turn out to be for us. St Mirren, currently 2 behind us, at home to Rangers. Aberdeen away to Hearts. A win moves us 9 clear of Hibs. 

Starts to open up a really nice gap on our rivals. 

I agree. 0-2 it is then.

I'm looking forward to this, not in expectation but at-least we'll see the new players against a team that isn't Rangers and hopefully that gives us a better perspective on what they can do, hopefully bringing out a better side to some of those we already have.