St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/1/24

Kettlewell is obviously a genius to have turned Bair into something remotely resembling a footballer. 

Or maybe he just reacts better to not being screamed at by MacLean every day in training.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Maybe this ref just doesn't like booking anyone.

Should have been a yellow for Davor and maybe one for Butcher there.

His performance when he took charge of the Aberdeen game earlier in the season was laughable. 

This is fucking brutal and I include both teams in that! Could relegate half this division and nobody could complain either. 

Looks pretty clear especially given they love ruling stuff out. 

Best I can do is that from the angle behind the goals it looks a bit like Kelly has rushed past Considine* without being "interfered" with by him. Would have missed the ball without anyone there

Clutching a bit but best I can do. Incompetence more likely 

Edited by FrankChickens1

It looked offside to me and I sit close to in line with it. Very surprised it was given.

Weve been a bit pish but that was a very preventable goal that we’ve lost. Game of few chances. We’ve improved with the change of shape but we need to actually create something worthwhile at some point.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Looks pretty clear especially given they love ruling stuff out. 

Best I can do is that from the angle behind the goals it looks a bit like Kelly has rushed past McGowan without being "interfered" with by him. Would have missed the ball without anyone there

Clutching a bit but best I can do. Incompetence more likely 

There was a VAR line that came up and said ONSIDE

This is the moment that it leaves Ryan McGowan’s foot. It’s not something that looks obvious to me either way. It’s very conceivable that the right leg of the Motherwell defender is slightly playing Considine onside, but it’s hard to know for sure until we see a proper angle. 

IMG_9994.png

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There was a VAR line that came up and said ONSIDE

Still absolutely clutching but arguably offside but not interfering is not inconsistent with 'onside' until you touch it / interfere. I didn't see VAR presentation though so

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

This is the moment that it leaves Ryan McGowan’s foot. It’s not something that looks obvious to me either way. It’s very conceivable that the right leg of the Motherwell defender is slightly playing Considine onside, but it’s hard to know for sure until we see a proper angle. 

IMG_9994.png

Difficult to tell but looks onside to me. The angle the camera is at makes it look offside though.