Parachute Payments

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Gretna 2008 and Edinburgh University are now detached from the rest of the league. Should the SLFL invest some of the funds they have received from the 'B' teams to give a parachute payment to both clubs to resign?

That is about the most pathetic,  uncalled for, disrespectful comment ever on this forum.  Shame on you 

37 minutes ago, ekok said:

That is about the most pathetic,  uncalled for, disrespectful comment ever on this forum.  Shame on you 

Considering he's about the only person that's took an active interest in the Uni on here I think he's entitled to his opinion whether you think its pathetic,uncalled for,disrespectful or not. 

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Considering he's about the only person that's took an active interest in the Uni on here I think he's entitled to his opinion whether you think its pathetic,uncalled for,disrespectful or not. 

I didn't say he wasn't entitled to his opinion,  neither are you. 

My opinion he is bang out of order,  how about you ?

7 minutes ago, ekok said:

I didn't say he wasn't entitled to his opinion,  neither are you. 

My opinion he is bang out of order,  how about you ?

He's the only Uni fan on here just saying how he feels ffs :lol:

Edited by newcastle broon

Sorry we are not reading this in the same universe.  A Uni fan suggesting they should resign , hmm dont think so. Have you actually thought about what  the original post said ?

Still waiting to hear your opinion on the basic idea that two long standing  founding members of the Lowland League should voluntary resign , mid season,  why ? 

Of course you wouldn't know anything about being longstanding in the Lowland League. 

6 minutes ago, ekok said:

Sorry we are not reading this in the same universe.  A Uni fan suggesting they should resign , hmm dont think so. Have you actually thought about what  the original post said ?

Still waiting to hear your opinion on the basic idea that two long standing  founding members of the Lowland League should voluntary resign , mid season,  why ? 

Of course you wouldn't know anything about being longstanding in the Lowland League. 

:lol: gone all high and mighty again have we. 

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Thank you for your opinion.

There are lots of posts about the need to enhance promotion and relegation but no suggestions about how we can make this happen. My suggestion has weaknesses but at least in the case of promotion and relegation from the SPFL the "parachute payment" helped bring change. Please be assured that by inviting a discussion I was not being disrespectful.  

Look forward to other suggestions for positive change.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Thank you for your opinion.

There are lots of posts about the need to enhance promotion and relegation but no suggestions about how we can make this happen. My suggestion has weaknesses but at least in the case of promotion and relegation from the SPFL the "parachute payment" helped bring change. Please be assured that by inviting a discussion I was not being disrespectful.  

Look forward to other suggestions for positive change.

If you take voluntary relegation when you haven't actually been relegated, it is effectively resigning. 

In Edinburgh Uni's case, that would mean applying to join the EoS at Third Division level.  For Gretna it would probably be easier as the SoS is only one division.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

When I opened this thread I assumed the question would be:-

"Have the clubs who were relegated from SPFL League 2 used their parachute money wisely"

...........but the opening post wrong footed me completely.

That would be a very interesting (but separate) post.

35 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If you take voluntary relegation when you haven't actually been relegated, it is effectively resigning. 

In Edinburgh Uni's case, that would mean applying to join the EoS at Third Division level.  For Gretna it would probably be easier as the SoS is only one division.

Good point. Would it make a difference if any 'parachute payments' also involved the receiving league(s)? 

Edited by Voice of Reason

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Gretna 2008 and Edinburgh University are now detached from the rest of the league. Should the SLFL invest some of the funds they have received from the 'B' teams to give a parachute payment to both clubs to resign?

Good idea.

Quicker the diddies get launched the better.

OK so get a West Team , with a licence to win the  league and  then the Playoffs,  or wheesht.  All there in front of them, ask Kelty,   Bonnyrigg  , Linlithgow,  Tranent, Bo'ness . A wee geographical clue  perhaps?

The sense of  entitlement and disparaging comments are  embarrassing. Earn it.