Raith Rovers v's Airdrie 03/02

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Really? We’d already been abysmal, we’re losing the match, we managed to allow a known poacher to stand by himself at the back post, with no players within 4 yards of him. I’m not sure we’d be “weaker”, but your mileage may vary.

Your plan to make us better defensively,  is to swap out two hugely experienced full backs and two Championship winning centre halves with four guys who have very little experience, and haven’t shown anything to suggest they’re ready to step up. 

Feels wild, but maybe my mileage varies

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

A player of his calibre is just what we need

O’Reilly was similar, and we let him go to Patrick. Yea, I’m sure there were considerations, but still…

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Your plan to make us better defensively,  is to swap out two hugely experienced full backs and two Championship winning centre halves with four guys who have very little experience, and haven’t shown anything to suggest they’re ready to step up. 

Feels wild, but maybe my mileage varies

My friend, the question was why don’t we get time in these players when our current defending is terrible? I didn’t say we’d get better, but I asked how we’d get worse. Give them their chance, then we’ll know…God knows we aren’t looking great as it is.

9 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The defending was terrible for the goal, but again, the midfield is the issue. Easton and Turner are complete passengers right now, and if they don’t come back out for the second half then they’d have no complaints. 

Aye. Banging the same old drum, but there's a reason nobody else plays 4-1-3-2. 

Todorov is so free for the goal because Dick has had to go tearing into the middle of the park to pick up a free man, exactly where you're defensive midfield should be. 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

My friend, the question was why don’t we get time in these players when our current defending is terrible? I didn’t say we’d get better, but I asked how we’d get worse. Give them their chance, then we’ll know…God knows we aren’t looking great as it is.

We’d get worse as you’re suggesting playing a poorer back four 

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We’d get worse as you’re suggesting playing a poorer back four 

Your opinion. I’m not sure Corr is worse than Murray…Masson and Hannah we’ve seen too little of to judge.

Just now, TxRover said:

Your opinion. I’m not sure Corr is worse than Murray…Masson and Hannah we’ve seen too little of to judge.

We’ve seen too little to judge but the coaching staff have seen more than enough to judge. 

Just now, TxRover said:

Corr has very much become better due to not playing. He was absolutely nothing startling in the games he’s played. 

I'm trying to still be positive given how well we were doing up to Christmas or thereabouts but there is just nothing so far in this performance tonight to show that we have turned a corner.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Tell me again how the midfield, that just saved our ass, is the whole problem, not slow, old defenders?

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Because the midfield has been overun all night. 

“the whole problem”, really? Bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Murray having an absolute nightmare. But he's a better option than Corr?

If he can move quicker than a snail, he'd be an improvement.