Raith Rovers v's Airdrie 03/02

Positives: Diddy Cup, Watson gets 95 mins. I'm not Colin Steven.

Negatives: we are an utter shambles. 

I assume Craigans weird Airdrie love in is because he too is a plastic Rangers royalist. 

Congratulations to Airdrie for managing the game well and never was the result in doubt . Actually you should have put in 3 or 4 against us. Pity you didn't to really emphasise the malaise surrounding Ian Murray and his tactics and team selection. And we gave him a three year contract extension to oversee this nonsense.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What attacking options, never saw any tonight

That’s your problem. You rely on your attacking players and if they are nullified then your defence doesn’t seem good enough to not concede. You boys will still be fine but we seem to have your number 

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

That’s your problem. You rely on your attacking players and if they are nullified then your defence doesn’t seem good enough to not concede. You boys will still be fine but we seem to have your number 

Aye we're fine, safe from any relegation battle but, unless Murray changes his thinking for next season we may well end up being a contender 

This nonsense formation of a back 4, one midfielder and then 5 players doing whatever needs binned. Need to get back to a solid 4 with 3 in front of them and another 3 up top. We give away so much space in the middle and teams are exploiting that too frequently for people not to notice. 

Euan Murray was atrocious tonight, challenged his man every time and didn't care about the ball at all, beaten too easily and too often. Expected the experienced head of Watson to grip him and get him sorted but evidently not. 

Pass marks to Hamilton who won almost everything in the air but that's about it. 

Airdrie have our number, good luck to them in the final.

Gutted to lose and not get to 4 finals on the trot, however since the introduction of 'B' teams, the amount of fucks I give about this cup could be counted on the fingers of a Saudi kleptomaniac 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Even on here you'll see the more reasonable Airdrie fans defending it, "part of the club's identity whether we all like it or not", "can't tell other people how to show their support" etc. 

The simple truth is they're a horrible club and always will be.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh and hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Inject that misery straight into my veins. Lovely stuff 

Could just copy and paste whatever I wrote from any of the previous Airdrie games. Comfortably beaten and it is a concern Murray can’t seem to work out McCabe at all.

Well deserved win for Airdrie, didn’t have to play brilliantly but got their goal early and then killed the game and nullified us completely. Great desire across their team, lost count the amount of blocks they got in on the edge of the box. Think we only forced two comfortable saves from Rae. Some world class levels of time wasting as well, I wish we were capable of killing games off as professionally as that when we take a lead! Good support in terms of numbers for a Friday night game on the TV, best Airdrie support I can remember.

There was no lack of effort from us, plenty of endeavour we are just a team low on confidence. So many players off form at the moment (Byrne, Turner, Easton, Mullin, Smith and Connolly) or just not good enough for where we want to get (Dick/Millen) it is hard to see where things turn around.

The singing section was an improvement on previous games but only very sporadic and not great. Early goal and poor performance will do that though.

Positives are I thought that was Dabrowski’s best game since Tannadice, couple of decent saves and punches from corners. Watson got 90 minutes and showed bits of why he’ll be important once he gets back up to speed. Also, it is hopefully the last game we play without Sam Stanton.

44 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Fucking dreadful. Think they are trying to follow up one of the best ever starts to a season with the worst possible ends to one. 

We haven’t resigned Goodwillie yet.

42 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Positives: Diddy Cup, Watson gets 95 mins. I'm not Colin Steven.

Negatives: we are an utter shambles. 

I assume Craigans weird Airdrie love in is because he too is a plastic Rangers royalist. 

I thought Craigan said it as he saw it actually. Didn’t need to get out of third gear tonight, against a bang average team. 

This is likely the only competition we could win this season. Sadly, we don’t have a clue how to beat Airdrie. Which is a bit concerning given our manager must have a decent enough idea about them.