Motherwell v Kilmarnock: The KVV Derby

5 hours ago, Fide said:

I think the general consensus here is 'Well fans are happier with the point than we are. We played nowhere near our potential, plus injuries and suspensions don't help, meaning our midfield was light and defence down to the bare bones. 

I thought it was the other way round to be honest. As you say, you were nowhere near your best - even McInnes said you deserved a point but no more. While hardly peppering your goal with shots, I thought we created a bit more and looked slightly more likely. Most 'Well fans seemed to consider it an opportunity missed but we're all too accustomed to a score draw.

22 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Just watched sportscene, Joe Wright was extremely lucky to stay on the park. Absolutely pole axed Paton.

Never quite understood why aerial challenges aren't treated the same as those on the ground, especially if you consider the likelihood of a head injury.

If Wright was that late on the ground he would have been booked every time.

Edited to add: disappointed with the thread title. Surely we have bonded with our shared experience of watching Oli Shaw bottle one on ones?

Edited by Scooby_Doo

53 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Never quite understood why aerial challenges aren't treated the same as those on the ground, especially if you consider the likelihood of a head injury.

Where I've always been anaw. It's madness at times. 

10 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Is Groningen famous for its pastries, cause Van Veen appears to have put about a stone on

Let it go, mate. He's gone x 

15 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

If Wright was that late on the ground he would have been booked every time.

Edited to add: disappointed with the thread title. Surely we have bonded with our shared experience of watching Oli Shaw bottle one on ones?

The one in the league cup final a few years ago where Boyata nearly launched GMS half way to Rutherglen still sticks with me. A mental challenge but because the ball is in the air it's treated as ah it's just a coming together. It's a weird grey area in refereeing that I don't understand. 

Even more concerning about that incident was that Boyata's said since that he's got no recollection of the rest of the game. Which is further proof that the concussion protocol in football was disgraceful at the time and I'm not convinced it's much better now. 

Nor much to say about saturday, we were rotten.  Much like we were vs Hibs last week. 

Played far better earlier in the season at FP and lost, so at least there's that. 

Chance on Wednesday to go 11pts ahead of Aberdeen which feels like a big moment in our season if we do.