Pavement Parking

3 hours ago, virginton said:

The 'contribution' of the biggest village idiot in Texas has been autofiled in the bin where it belongs. 

Thanks for playing anyway though. 

🤡

Edinburgh's five point plan for public transport, alongside banning pavement parking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-68170323

I don't think there will be the support for congestion charging in the city.  Banning/restricting cars from the city centre makes sense though, again it'll depend on the details and boundaries.

Said it on Reddit but will repeat here.

I actually don't disagree with the tram extension on Roseburn Going over the South bridge route looks too expensive would give San Francisco a run for hills. The link back to Haymarket could connect straight to Newhaven and create a loop.

The issue is they aren't providing better alternatives. Cycling lanes are riddled with potholes left, right and centre and we have to go out of our way to report them ourselves to the council rather than them being proactive themselves. I've tried reporting a couple but nowt has happened and more keep sprouting up all the time.

Same with closing off the city centre. Some people who stay in Leith still need to commute out West and some public transport options are still worse than in spite of how shite they've made driving.

The whole south bypass is a filter for central belt travel which is where everyone will go. I don't even begin to know how to fix that but the status quo choice is not fit for purpose.