Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Comes across ok apart from liking Morton.

This is going to be great.  I hope he einds up the old firm and west coast media to f**k. I feel I should dislike him but can’t help but warm to him in interviews.

Comparing Aberdeen’s support to QPR and Crystal Palace, two of the dullest fanbases in England, shows he has done his homework on the club.

I for one, will be tuning into every pre and post match interview he does. Can't say that about boring b*****ds like Naismith, Levein, Montgomery, Clement, Rodgers and nae budget Martindale.

40 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Comparing Aberdeen’s support to QPR and Crystal Palace, two of the dullest fanbases in England, shows he has done his homework on the club.

I did laugh at that. You have managed Leeds and Sheffield United, two of the most 'proper clubs' in England; at least give us one of them. Instead, the first two that pop into his head are the clubs on his CV whose fanbases are one step up from the likes of Bournemouth and Fulham. 

3 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I for one hope he can add a good number to his British record total of defeats as a manager

Britain doesn't have a league? 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

This is going to be great.  I hope he einds up the old firm and west coast media to f**k. I feel I should dislike him but can’t help but warm to him in interviews.

Hmmm, not sure if you've watched any Crystal Palace games.

Lads, mon to f**k, Palace are known as having one of the louder home supports in the tourist league. One of the few clubs with a proper support instead of the half and half scarf crews.

As a Killie fan who really, really wants us (as per Celtic fans exhortations to diddy clubs) to finish fourth I have to say "beep off Colin!". 

But otherwise this seems like a sensible appointment.

34 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Kenny Miller takes umbrage at none of the 'old guard' getting the gig, for now.  

"I’m seeing it’s to the end of the season. Normally, when these interim appointments are made, there’s maybe a threat of relegation there, there’s maybe real trouble. I know Aberdeen have not been in good form across this season as a whole but they’re a game in hand away from being in the top six. They’re not going to get relegated.

"I’m just thinking, what’s the thought behind giving Neil Warnock – has he ever watched Scottish football never mind worked in Scottish football – one of our best jobs for this short period? They don’t need to rush into any appointment. Take time to make sure they get the right guy in. They’ve not got the right guy in over the last three appointments or so.

"I find it strange. It’s short sighted. They could give the job to anybody and Aberdeen will make it into the top six."

Based on the noises Kenny Miller makes when he's on Sportsound I could actually believe he's said/thought this, rather than being a mouthpiece for a pundit who's put out by Aberdeen not hiring one of their mates. Whatever the case, does nobody involved in putting this out for people to read realise how petty, childish and stupid it sounds?