National Team Kit

9 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

That won't help trust me and it'll give you a bad smell also once you sweat a little, you get what you pay for with these tops 

I think this might say more about you than the tops…

On 27/03/2024 at 07:34, lau03143 said:

I thought the home kit was howling, but after seeing it up close, I think it's decent. I do hate the blue shorts, so agree with this sentiment!

My feelings have mellowed a little too. Having bought it for the NI game and worn it a few times I'm in the "ach it's allright but not great" camp. Still think there's far too much yellow and we missed an opportunity to have an iconic kit with a nod to the past and celebrate our return to a proper finals (I don't really count the last one due to the covid / playing at home situation)

When I bought mine and the kids tops, I asked the staff at the store how it was selling and was told pretty well. Guess a lot of folk will be like me. Not overly happy with it, don't think JD sports are great at promoting it and think it's over priced. Yet we still buy it any way.

Think the SFA should do some sort of survey for the next kit. Can't please everyone i know but at least then we would have an opportunity to express our views. (I did raise my views on JD sports in the SSC renewal questionnaire and know a few folk that did too)

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was in JD Sport today, saw both kits in the flesh.

Both horrible.

Agreed. When you see a load of the away kits hanging up together, it's not a nice sight. It really does look like a washing machine accident.

I thought of something about the home kit. If the colours were inverted - so the yellow bits were navy and the rest of the shirt was yellow, mad patterns included, and keep the navy shorts - it would make a really good away kit. Too much of a mess for a home kit.

My wee one's gotten to the age where he's seen a lot of his pals with their swanky new tops, and wants a top with his name on it to really rinse out all those pennies.  I assumed I'd have the sad task of getting some Premier League oil/blood money stained shirt.  

Unfortunately it's worse, I had to get the Scotland home top.  It's really not very nice.

I looked at it close up in the JD Sports in Newcastle Airport on the way to Netherlands. It isn't any better in person, really don't like it. I'm beyond the age for buying football kits for myself anyway so makes no odds to their customer base but it's horrible and the fact every one is patterned differently close up is bonkers.

My son doesn't like it much either and he's 100% the market they are aiming at.

7 hours ago, Beckford said:

My feelings have mellowed a little too. Having bought it for the NI game and worn it a few times I'm in the "ach it's allright but not great" camp. Still think there's far too much yellow and we missed an opportunity to have an iconic kit with a nod to the past and celebrate our return to a proper finals (I don't really count the last one due to the covid / playing at home situation)

When I bought mine and the kids tops, I asked the staff at the store how it was selling and was told pretty well. Guess a lot of folk will be like me. Not overly happy with it, don't think JD sports are great at promoting it and think it's over priced. Yet we still buy it any way.

Think the SFA should do some sort of survey for the next kit. Can't please everyone i know but at least then we would have an opportunity to express our views. (I did raise my views on JD sports in the SSC renewal questionnaire and know a few folk that did too)

Genuinely, why? I would struggle to justify spending £75 on a top I actually liked, never mind one that I didn’t.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I looked at it close up in the JD Sports in Newcastle Airport on the way to Netherlands. It isn't any better in person, really don't like it. I'm beyond the age for buying football kits for myself anyway so makes no odds to their customer base but it's horrible and the fact every one is patterned differently close up is bonkers.

My son doesn't like it much either and he's 100% the market they are aiming at.

I quite like a more out there top at times, but the more I look at it the worse it gets. I genuinely think it must be one of our worst ever tops, shite that we are going to be wearing THAT in such an iconic match against Germany. 

Most of our tops with adidas are just meh, other than the anniversary top I’m not sure I’ve particularly liked one since the red and yellow striped away one. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Genuinely, why? I would struggle to justify spending £75 on a top I actually liked, never mind one that I didn’t.

Daft loyalty I suppose. I know its mad. As I said, I don't hate it as much as when I saw it but wouldn't say I love it. Guess the bairn in me just wants to have it on when I step of the plane in Germany. I even bought the matching trainers which is questionable at least for a man of my age.

Worried that come the summer, i'l be a full kit wa#&%r (I wont) 

I agree the costs are crazy, especially after you buy the kids some gear too!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I quite like a more out there top at times, but the more I look at it the worse it gets. I genuinely think it must be one of our worst ever tops, shite that we are going to be wearing THAT in such an iconic match against Germany. 

Most of our tops with adidas are just meh, other than the anniversary top I’m not sure I’ve particularly liked one since the red and yellow striped away one. 

Agree on the addidas kits tbh. I didnt initialy like the last euros top as it had that red band on the sleeve.  Grew to like it in the end.

Maybe its an age thing but I'd love to see an umbro kit with the retro diamonds down a long sleeve top. Sure anyone under 30 (40 probably) would hate that though!

6 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Daft loyalty I suppose. I know its mad. As I said, I don't hate it as much as when I saw it but wouldn't say I love it. Guess the bairn in me just wants to have it on when I step of the plane in Germany. I even bought the matching trainers which is questionable at least for a man of my age.

Worried that come the summer, i'l be a full kit wa#&%r (I wont) 

I agree the costs are crazy, especially after you buy the kids some gear too!

Outrageous buying the matching trainers… 😂

We were all also going to get the top, just to have it for what will hopefully be a trip of a lifetime - but it’s just too bad to buy! 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Outrageous buying the matching trainers… 😂

We were all also going to get the top, just to have it for what will hopefully be a trip of a lifetime - but it’s just too bad to buy! 

I know! thankfully one of my kids is the same size in case I come to my senses. Il be getting the sticker album next.

8 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Agree on the addidas kits tbh. I didnt initialy like the last euros top as it had that red band on the sleeve.  Grew to like it in the end.

Maybe its an age thing but I'd love to see an umbro kit with the retro diamonds down a long sleeve top. Sure anyone under 30 (40 probably) would hate that though!

I wasn’t a fan of that top at all, but not quite as bad as the new one. I do love an Umbro kit, and I’m not even 35 yet! 

4 minutes ago, Beckford said:

I know! thankfully one of my kids is the same size in case I come to my senses. Il be getting the sticker album next.

Better the sticker album than the trainers IMO. 

This is peer pressure lol.

My Mrs cannae talk me into being sensible so I doubt you can man. Think it's the collector addiction I have. A lot of the stuff I buy is just for that, and are rarely worn for fear of ruining them (yeah most folk think the current one couldn't get any worse I know lol)

I have every scotland top since 1982 as Spain was the first tournament I can remember being fully invested in. Suppose I just don't want a gap in my collection

I can't really come up with an excuse for the trainers though. Moment of weakness and you will be glad to hear, not been out the box........yet lol

Anyone know where i can get the Blue/pink chevron top? 3rd top 1988 / 1990 With Badges? Not wanting the score draw ones, retro strips without the badges just don't look right.  all the websites i've seen are plain shirts with no badge or logo. Scotland Blue/Pink 1990 Leisure Shirt – Premier Retros

53 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Anyone know where i can get the Blue/pink chevron top? 3rd top 1988 / 1990 With Badges? Not wanting the score draw ones, retro strips without the badges just don't look right.  all the websites i've seen are plain shirts with no badge or logo. Scotland Blue/Pink 1990 Leisure Shirt – Premier Retros

The Dhgate website has these, if you type in Scotland retro top it'll pop up somewhere. I would go with a seller that has a lot of good reviews however as they're a lot of sellers floating around on there, some are better than others 

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

I think I got mine from here - https://www.retrofituk.org.uk/shop/p/scotland-bluepink-1990 - for Euro 2020, although I can’t find the email to confirm it. Both the Umbro logo and Scotland badge are itchy as f**k though. 

I'd bought the wee man a junior top from JD the other week, ordered an adult size M from dhgate as well for him to try and it came today - a noticeably different shade of blue and the yellow is a bit duller when compared side by side, but a reasonable effort for £9 that will be fine for kicking about in this summer.

20240422-183953-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

I'd bought the wee man a junior top from JD the other week, ordered an adult size M from dhgate as well for him to try and it came today - a noticeably different shade of blue and the yellow is a bit duller when compared side by side, but a reasonable effort for £9 that will be fine for kicking about in this summer.

20240422-183953-2.jpg

That's quite a difference by the looks of the colours and where the Adidas and Scotland badge is placed