National Team Kit

I've been trying to get my lad a new away top for going to Germany in June and using the official SFA website as a guide the only path seems to be towards JD Sports who then only seem to have XXL tops avaliable?!  Are we anticipating the release of a new shirt in advance of the Euro's?

Edited by The_Judge
spelling

22 hours ago, The_Judge said:

I've been trying to get my lad a new away top for going to Germany in June and using the official SFA website as a guide the only path seems to be towards JD Sports who then only seem to have XXL tops avaliable?!  Are we anticipating the release of a new shirt in advance of the Euro's?

Yip, spoke to someone at JD Sports in Cumbernauld about the Away top during the last campaign, as my son was looking for it. They were out of stock but when I asked if they would be getting more in, the Woman checked the system and said it had been "discontinued so they didn't have any left overs for the new strip arriving next year". 

As @Sherrif John Bunnell has said, from memory, I'm sure the new kits go on sale about March time, so the design should be released pretty soon.

The whole JD Sports deal has been shambolic.  Not only is the price of any new top absolutely mental (not a JD problem, to be fair), whenever I have actually wanted to entertain buying one for the wee man, I don't think I've ever actually managed to get one in the right size.  Again it's likely not a JD problem, but surely it points to an issue somewhere that someone wants to buy a top, despite the ridiculous prices, yet they can't be arsed actually stocking it reliably enough because there might be a new one in a few months?

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2024 at 14:33, Gordopolis said:

To be honest, the 150th anniversary top is "the" top for me from now on. I'm not interested in spunking close to £100 on the inevitably inferior ones that will come out every year or two.

I liked how it looked but was put off by, what I considered at the time to be, the ridiculously high price tag.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

I liked how it looked but was put off by, what I considered at the time to be, the ridiculously high price tag.

I got mine for £15 from China. It’s perfect quality, I know it must be a second in some way but I cannot see anything wrong with it at all. 

3 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Like @Jambomo, I also paid £15 for a hookie one 😁

Only visible difference is that the badge is a little bit larger than on the official one.

I'm sure as much as 90% of those that you see are fakes, I know the 2 I bought are along with 100% of our Supporters Bus that have the top. The SFA/Adidas/JD Sport really did shoot themselves in the foot with the pricing of the shirt.

I have a DH Gate special as well as the real one. When you compare them side by side, it's obvious which one is the fake, as the material and stitching are poorer quality, but the fake one looks absolutely fine when worn out and about.

Fake shirts are rife within the crowd at Hampden. 99.9% of those Italia 90 Umbro green and purple training shirts you see will be fake. The only 'official' ones are the Score Draw ones without the Umbro logo you can buy at JD.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I have a DH Gate special as well as the real one. When you compare them side by side, it's obvious which one is the fake, as the material and stitching are poorer quality, but the fake one looks absolutely fine when worn out and about.

Fake shirts are rife within the crowd at Hampden. 99.9% of those Italia 90 Umbro green and purple training shirts you see will be fake. The only 'official' ones are the Score Draw ones without the Umbro logo you can buy at JD.

Or the originals from the 90's 

In comparison with other international sides, the second hand market for Scotland shirts of a "vintage" note are still relatively well priced. However I expect a sharp rise in the months leading up to the Euros.

17 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm fortunate to have an original Italy 90 home shirt. I'm not sure who it belonged to originally (I was 9 at Italy 90) but I found it at my Grandparents house and kept it because it was always my favourite Scotland shirt (still is). I wore it to Hampden for about 20+ years but have now had to retire it for "special occasions only" as it's getting to the stage where it's going to start falling a part with the print coming off.

On the subject of National team kits, a word for our current home kit. We've never lost a game in it. It was first worn in Sep-2022 and defeats to Turkey, England, Spain and France were all in either the away kit or the anniversary kit. 

I presume it will be used at least one last time against Northern Ireland at Hampden in March, maybe against the Netherlands, Finland or Gibraltar. It's been short and sweet.

48 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

On the subject of National team kits, a word for our current home kit. We've never lost a game in it. It was first worn in Sep-2022 and defeats to Turkey, England, Spain and France were all in either the away kit or the anniversary kit. 

I presume it will be used at least one last time against Northern Ireland at Hampden in March, maybe against the Netherlands, Finland or Gibraltar. It's been short and sweet.

We are also very good against teams wearing white

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

On a side note to the home kit (not the 150th kit) - we only wore the full home kit (blue shirt, white shorts & blue socks) once during the last campaign which was against Spain at Hampden & the rest of the time when wearing the home kit we wore the alternative blue shorts.

In regard to the away kit - again we only wore this once (white shirt, blue shorts & white socks) against Turkey & the rest of the time is was all white 

7 minutes ago, HighlandWarrior said:

On a side note to the home kit (not the 150th kit) - we only wore the full home kit (blue shirt, white shorts & blue socks) once during the last campaign which was against Spain at Hampden & the rest of the time when wearing the home kit we wore the alternative blue shorts.

In regard to the away kit - again we only wore this once (white shirt, blue shorts & white socks) against Turkey & the rest of the time is was all white 

I liked the full blue kit actually more than the proper home kit with white shorts.

11 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I liked the full blue kit actually more than the proper home kit with white shorts.

Personally I'm old school and prefer the blue shirt, white shorts & red socks myself

But the blue shirt, white shorts & blue socks are OK but not a huge fan of the all blue kit

But it's all a matter of opinion I suppose

Hopefully the new kit in March will be a good one as well and that the away kit has a red shirt, blue shorts & white socks (like the old Umbro 1982 kit)