Greenock Morton v Motherwell

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Really hope the additional turnstiles being opened works as intended. Pretty apprehensive about this given the shambles of the Partick games, and the fact the crowd is going to significantly larger tonight. I will not be taking any chances, probably going to try get there for 7.15 to be safe.

Otherwise, really looking forward to this. Love the Scottish Cup.

Remember it is a 19:30 kick off. 

Feels like a proper cup tie, which is a good thing as the early rounds of the cup are the best bit of the season for me. The feeling I'm getting is that we're giving Morton the respect they are due at this point - so I don't think there is any chance of us taking this lightly.

Given we were well beaten by Raith Rovers at this stage last year - there isn't a single Motherwell supporter that thinks we are clear favourites here but we are in a much better place than we were then (or autumn into winter this season) - so I think Morton will know they're in a game as much as we will.

Edited by Swello

8 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Really hope the additional turnstiles being opened works as intended. Pretty apprehensive about this given the shambles of the Partick games, and the fact the crowd is going to significantly larger tonight. I will not be taking any chances, probably going to try get there for 7.15 to be safe.

7.15 for a 7.30 kick off is not being 'safe'.

We're on 9 clean sheets in 13 games and there has never been a run of 10 in 14 in the club's history as far as I can see. Good thing Bair's only on a run of 6 goals in 5 Premiership games.

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Refer to:

Aye, hadn't refreshed to see those posts when I replied. 

Hopefully 3000 people don't make the same mistake on kickoff time.

Edited by Jamie_M

A quick look at Bet365 has Motherwell 21/20 favourites, it also has Mika Biereth at 6/1 first scorer. the first scorer offerings in 365 are very odd to say the least.

anyway, to the team tonight, Halliday limped off on Tuesday so I reckon Miller will be in from the start.

Also wouldn't be hugely surprised to see one of the 15 wing backs make a start, Devine most likely.

On 04/02/2024 at 16:46, cet homme charmant said:

1991 must have been around about the time you claimed you were personally trained by the world famous Dutch internationalist, Rob Rensenbrink, who played in two World Cup finals.

Why on earth would we think you're a fantasist? 😂

This is the most interesting bit of the thread yet.

On 07/02/2024 at 20:28, madton said:

Being a Bellshill Morton fan I

How do Bellshill's fine residents take this? They'd look at me as if I had 3 arms when I told them I was a Motherwell fan.

anyway...

0-4 to the mighty Dossers.

Huge fan of the club seemingly fixing the turnstile issue yet landing in another, even bigger, PR disaster. Two terraces that have a combined capacity of almost 6000 supposedly only having 2500 tickets available, and not mentioning this to anyone until the day of the game. We can't seriously be having the capacity reduced by over 3000 to accommodate a camera gantry.

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Huge fan of the club seemingly fixing the turnstile issue yet landing in another, even bigger, PR disaster. Two terraces that have a combined capacity of almost 6000 supposedly only having 2500 tickets available, and not mentioning this to anyone until the day of the game. We can't seriously be having the capacity reduced by over 3000 to accommodate a camera gantry.

My post above from Dale would imply it's mainly due to the potential of fans moving around from the WDE to the corner/end of the Cowshed and the associated segregation.

I remember seeing somewhere (I could be wrong) that they agreed a smaller gantry which would impact less.

Edit to add: I do agree though that the mention of the ticket office not being open today could have been voiced sooner though.

Edited by MORleyTON
Add

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Anyone else got the fear? I hate we are kinda favourites.

We're really not, you're overlooking the obvious that they're playing at a significantly higher level than us.

We're in with a great shout for sure, but labelling us as favourites is foolhardy.