Hibs v Celtic

I just can't understand the thought process of someone who thinks "I'm going through to Edinburgh to see us play Hearts today, better dust down my Spanish Republic flag." There'd be as much relevance if I brought a massive poster of Tchaikovsky into the office: everyone would rightly think I was an utter weirdo.

Correct or not, does VAR intervene if that happens at the other end of the park in the last minute?

That's where the frustration lies for me.

That and the fact we didn't take our chances against a piss poor Celtic team. 

7 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

First one is an horrendous challenge, could have been an extremely serious injury for Alistair Johnston, the Hibs booing him being carried off on a stretcher not knowing what day it is really is beyond stupid, reminds me of a similar challenge on Ryan Christie at a semi against Aberdeen about five years ago by, if memory serves me correctly Lewis Ferguson? No penalty as it was in the middle of the pitch but a red card and Christie genuinely looked like he'd done ten rounds in a UFC octagon.

It was Dominic Ball that nutted Christie. The other similar example that springs to mind is the Mackay-Steven and Boyata clash which was in the box in the 2018 Betfred final.

2 minutes ago, bpdon said:

It was Dominic Ball that nutted Christie. The other similar example that springs to mind is the Mackay-Steven and Boyata clash which was in the box in the 2018 Betfred final.

Yeah I think it's only a matter of time before these sort of aerial challenges become a standard red card offence given the industrial action we have seen in other sports over head injuries and it now creeping in to football. 

45 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

30 seconds into this, the defender attempting to block the shot clatters Rashford after he hits it.

Penalty correctly given, because a player successfully hitting a shot before you slide right through them obviously doesn't mean you're entitled to do so, in exactly the same way as a player successfully completing a pass anywhere else on the park doesn't mean you can slide right through them. It is a clear foul.

41 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A similar one at 1:25 in this too, FIndlay catches the Aberdeen player late after he has already crossed the ball.

Also Gilmour v Israel (2:15), although the challenge is a bit closer to the shot.

Edited by DC92

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

He panders to old firm fans as sky is old firm tv, they don’t give a shit about the rest of Scottish football. 

So you don’t have many examples then. And at the same time I’m sure you will say that Boyle, who has clear contact on him while running at speed wasn’t fouled either and base it on past history and not actually what happened in the game. 

You need to take a break.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

Also Gilmour v Israel (2:15), although the challenge is a bit closer to the shot.

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Thank you for this excuse to watch the winner again.

2 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Wonderful ! Just shows up the domestic club game, certainly in the top flight, for the tediously predictable garbage that it is.

Why on earth do you feel the need to crowbar a reference to putdown our domestic game at any opportunity, it's just plain weird.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Why on earth do you feel the need to crowbar a reference to putdown our domestic game at any opportunity, it's just plain weird.

It wasn't me who posted that footage but if you disagree that The Old Firm winning every top flight title since 1985 and that same Old Firm being guaranteed to win every future title they compete in, is not 'tediously predictable' then it's you that is plain weird.

19 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

It wasn't me who posted that footage but if you disagree that The Old Firm winning every top flight title since 1985 and that same Old Firm being guaranteed to win every future title they compete in, is not 'tediously predictable' then it's you that is plain weird.

I never said it wasn't predictable, mainly because it has absolutely no relevance to what was being discussed. Your now trying to say I somehow disagree with a reference absolutely no one was talking about except you.  

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I just can't understand the thought process of someone who thinks "I'm going through to Edinburgh to see us play Hearts today, better dust down my Spanish Republic flag." There'd be as much relevance if I brought a massive poster of Tchaikovsky into the office: everyone would rightly think I was an utter weirdo.

The main difference is, you know what the word “ Republic” means .

The majority of these mouth breathing, peanut brained , twats couldn’t even spell it .

3 hours ago, stressball said:

I can’t believe people are trying to argue that late challenges after the ball is played shouldn't be a foul. 

It looks as though there’s only one person suffering from that particular confusion. It has, however, led to a bit of a paradox: because he thinks that [a foul after a shot] is somehow not [just a foul like any other foul], under the Laws, he’s stuck in a cycle of not accepting any facts that explain what happened.

I think that happens a lot in sport, generally: people would rather adhere to what they think the rules should say, than to put in minimal effort and read what the rules actually say. I’ve had some experience of that when helping with rules officiating at golf, and I might almost say that there’s an inverse relationship between knowing the (golf) rules and being aggressively assertive about what a rules decision should be.

Hmm. I think I feel a Top 5 thread coming on…

The first penalty 😳,was a free kick Hibs.

Second was a stone wall penalty,Newell is a fkn dick and Boyle diving cost him a shot at goal.

Having watched the highlights I’d say Hibs were fkn robbed but can someone tell Doyle to concentrate on the ball-goal rather than fkn diving.

1 hour ago, woolf said:

The first penalty 😳,was a free kick Hibs.

Second was a stone wall penalty,Newell is a fkn dick and Boyle diving cost him a shot at goal.

Having watched the highlights I’d say Hibs were fkn robbed but can someone tell Doyle to concentrate on the ball-goal rather than fkn diving.

Johnston gets nutted and it’s a free kick to Hibs?