Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

51 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't usually pay much attention to GD, but 16 goals scored in 24 games? 

As if watching football in Perth wasn't purgatory enough. Jeez.

Yep. It takes us a match and a half to do one of those goal things that all other fanbases seem to get so worked up about.

Don’t see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Until you’ve watched your team get the ball in a reasonably threatening position in the opponents half and gradually, pass after complete shitebag pass, you work it back to your own keeper who has to clear it under pressure.  This is where artistry truly lies. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf this was the table after the first round of fixtures.

Screenshot_20240208_173534_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d324617a12c176fea1d230a991125db6.jpg

You then beat St Mirren 4-0 in your next game.

The idea we'd be above you after another 10 games wouldnt have crossed anyones mind at this point considering the start of the season we'd had.

You'd be temporarily ahead of us by default.

We'd have a game in hand, whilst you play Rangers next Saturday on the same weekend we face County(H). If you wanted to celebrate being above us it would last about as long as people can read your posts without falling into the deepest sleep of their puffs.

In the first instance you yokels would have to come to Dens and beat us which I invite you lot to do. If all the stars align and you somehow managed that you'd be back below us within 7 days with us still holding a home match in advantage.

More slavering pish from you and the Perth cronies. Picking and choosing when to read the league tables - ffs.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yep. It takes us a match and a half to do one of those goal things that all other fanbases seem to get so worked up about.

Don’t see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Until you’ve watched your team get the ball in a reasonably threatening position in the opponents half and gradually, pass after complete shitebag pass, you work it back to your own keeper who has to clear it under pressure.  This is where artistry truly lies. 

You're not related to Boredom by any chance are you?

Christ.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You're not related to Boredom by any chance are you?

Christ.

Thank you.

Of course they’re related; they’re both St Johnstone fans. Probably cousin-brothers, I would imagine…

9 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You'd be temporarily ahead of us by default.

We'd have a game in hand, whilst you play Rangers next Saturday on the same weekend we face County(H). If you wanted to celebrate being above us it would last about as long as people can read your posts without falling into the deepest sleep of their puffs.

In the first instance you yokels would have to come to Dens and beat us which I invite you lot to do. If all the stars align and you somehow managed that you'd be back below us within 7 days with us still holding a home match in advantage.

More slavering pish from you and the Perth cronies. Picking and choosing when to read the league tables - ffs.

Thank you.

Yes we would have to come to Dens and beat you.  We'll done Sherlock. 

The first hurdle to overcome however is for us to come to your shitehole and the game to actually go ahead. 

31 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

3 after the weekend, 1 being an own goal.

Aye but one was awn goal. 

Probably the worst away record of all time, and still in with a chance of the top 6, and Dundee fans don't understand why we think thats amazing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Kentucky Derby GIF

Derby is a city and unitary authority area on the River Derwent in Derbyshire, England. Derbyshire is named after Derby, which was its original county town. As a unitary authority, Derby is administratively independent from Derbyshire County Council. The population of Derby is 261,136.

In all seriousness, i think this game hinges on what Dundee do.

Our tactics under Levein suggest we'll play the 6-3-1 shape (its technically 4-5-1 i think, but hes playing wing backs on the side of the midfield so...) that seems to have become the norm. We'll sit off and try and prevent any space in our half, and its then a case of seeing if Dundee can make something of their dominance or whether they fluff it constantly. We'll then have an upturn and maybe create a chance, before it starts all over again in the second half.

Suspect we'll go...

Mitov

McGowan - Gordon - Considine - Robinson

Keltjens - Matt Smith - Carey - Kucheriavyi - Gallacher

Kimpioka

If our injuries have cleared then Matt Smith and Phillips come straight back in, Gordon not so much.

If they haven't? f**k that. Another game of watching Carey deep and Max playing an attacking role but only able to pass back the way, as I said, f**k that.

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If our injuries have cleared then Matt Smith and Phillips come straight back in, Gordon not so much.

If they haven't? f**k that. Another game of watching Carey deep and Max playing an attacking role but only able to pass back the way, as I said, f**k that.

Comments ive read suggest Phillips will miss out again but the rest should be fit.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's not amazing.

Look at the form...

Screenshot_20240209_101017_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.38927e2a187edfeca34fe0bc85b12123.jpg

We currently have the worst defence in the league.

You dont understand why a support whos seen their side score 2 away goals all season, by February, think its amazing we're within genuine reach of finishing in the top 6?

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You dont understand why a support whos seen their side score 2 away goals all season, by February, think its amazing we're within genuine reach of finishing in the top 6?

No. It doesn't amaze me. It just shows me how ridiculously tight this league is from 3rd down. There is absolutely nothing between the teams and at some point each club has a dip in form that lets the others back in to the race. 

It also shows me how ridiculously poor a manager Maclean was. Levein is doing that thing where he proves you don't need to be a rocket scientist to manage in the Scottish Premiership. Just don't be a fucking half wit and you're in with a shout.

St Johnstone acted early enough in the season to get Maclean out and steady the ship. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

No. It doesn't amaze me. It just shows me how ridiculously tight this league is from 3rd down. There is absolutely nothing between the teams and at some point each club has a dip in form that lets the others back in to the race. 

It also shows me how ridiculously poor a manager Maclean was. Levein is doing that thing where he proves you don't need to be a rocket scientist to manage in the Scottish Premiership. Just don't be a fucking half wit and you're in with a shout.

St Johnstone acted early enough in the season to get Maclean out and steady the ship. 

Agree, it’s a league with very few consistently capable teams in it, so any kind of half-decent form gives you a great chance of climbing the table.  

Livingston going on a diabolical run of 3 points from 17 matches has fair helped our rise from the bottom as well.

Regarding this match, with Dundee’s defence shipping a lot of goals, gives a bit of hope that we can make use of our pace on the break to nick a goal or two. 

Feels like that or a set piece are our only realistic chances of scoring.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you think you have a genuine chance of reaching the top 6 then you're even more of a moron than  first thought.

Can we get a pie chart on how much of a muppet you are please? You certainly hold all the elements required to come out at a high percentage if you rustle up one of the ole pie charts on it.

Thank you.