Dumbarton vs Forfar

41 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Forfar player was pretty much on the line at the corner flag.  No way was that offside.

669085D7-8B02-4533-87D0-B83BA9300569.jpeg.8024cbbd1155efe7861f09dc024fd585.jpeg

Not sure about that. It definitely looks offside at the point where contact with the ball is made.

Anyway, I hope Ruth doesn’t beat himself up too much about it. He’s been good for us and in the list of problems at DFC, him missing this is a long, long way down.

Edited by FifeSons

I couldn't tell what formation we were playing at times yesterday. We seemed to change shape several times in the second half for short periods of time. On the new signings, Hogarth can't kick for toffee. He was shanking the ball out of play regularly. Marc McCallum is a perfect paradox of that, wonderful kick outs. Kelly took his goal really well but flitted in and out of the game. Hopefully we'll see him more as the season goes on as I think he offered more than Ryan Wallace. Healy looks a handy player and I like the look of him. Lennon isn't good enough for me. Looks a weak link. Newbury will make a career for himself in football. He's skinny as a whip and quite slight of build, but Russell McLean couldn't get past him. He always seemed to get a foot or head where it needed to be. I said yesterday I wonder if full back or deep midfield may be where he finds his niche in time. A classy player and a good signing.

I thought Wilson and Malcolm had decent games yesterday. As did Ruth, who finally got a goal. His movement and effort are good, but he'll need to up his numbers more often. Tony Wallace should be undroppable for me. Finlay Gray has a great engine, but someone needs to teach him how to pass a ball, that being the primary task of a central midfielder.

32 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Not sure about that. It definitely looks offside at the point where contact with the ball is made.

Anyway, I hope Ruth doesn’t beat himself up too much about it. He’s been good for us and in the list of problems at DFC, him missing this is a long, long way down.

From a neutral, based on that picture, it’s a mile offside.

Totally agree on the tactics in the second half. The game got so stretched and when Gray and the others came on I had no idea who was playing where. We were not in the game at all and I don't know why Farrell feels we deserved 3 points. Forfar weren't great but you could see them growing in confidence as the game went on.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Aye.  Right enough.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d just like to take a minute to give a special mention to that big dumplin’ Russell McLean for producing one of the most pathetic, hilarious dives in the history of association football. What a big idiot.

Absolute waste of a strip.

We were in line and the guy was 2yards offside.

4 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Marc McCallum is a perfect paradox of that, wonderful kick outs. 

This is extremely surprising. Biggest weakness in Marc’s game is his kicking 

3 hours ago, lwh said:

This is extremely surprising. Biggest weakness in Marc’s game is his kicking 

He didn't struggle with line kicks yesterday.

A keeper I've always liked. Good, steady, dependable goalie.