Now sideshow is out the road, time for face more staunchness. We’ve looked really competitive under Brown. Will be question marks over McAllisters fitness coming off in the last 2. Will Brown go with Tomlinson this game after him coming on there at Ibrox or will we bring someone in? Reckon it’ll be more or less same 11 from yesterday, with Stanger suspended.

Mutch, Tomlinson, Sanders, McGinty, Reading, Syla, Dempsey, Chalmers, Murphy, McKenzie, Dowds

Subs: Albinson, Musonda, Smith, McHugh, Donnelly, McGeady, Bryden, Willoughby, Guthrie

No idea what’s happening with Amartey. Going for 2-1 Ayr. 

Yip nearly time to get the high heels 👠 off and the working boots back on again,   things getting a lot tighter at the bottom From 9th up,   Ayr have done is twice this season without being anything special,  a lot of our fans were reaching for the stars a little prematurely, but the league has heavily skewed at that point,

It's getting to the stage of the season where every point is a prisoner, will be that way until the magical 40 is reached and then teams can look up..   will 40 be enough for 8th this season. ????

15 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Is there any parking at the ground or a best place to park?

Not if youre not the BBC, the polis or a Hearts bus...

Edited by cb_diamond
ETA- also yes is the answer.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Whatever happened to that international man of mystery The Red Diamond? 
I’ve heard rumours that he is busy working on worldwide issues concerning eggs? 

Last seen, taps aff, swinging wildly in the car park at the Falkirk stadium, thus causing the stampede at the recent Challenge cup semi, which was initially misattributed to the police closing in on the Falkirk fearties.

16 hours ago, Wacky said:

Whatever happened to that international man of mystery The Red Diamond? 
I’ve heard rumours that he is busy working on worldwide issues concerning eggs? 

Death in Vegas spun his jaw into orbit on our last visit. 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The weekend games have given me hope for a win. We played well at Ibrox and "only" conceded 2 goals. Airdrie looked rotten yesterday after a bright start. 1-2 I'm going for 

I heard them praised for "sticking to their style of play". I am not convinced that's something worthy of praise though. Is it a good thing or is that indicative of a lack of ability to change their style up? 

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I heard them praised for "sticking to their style of play". I am not convinced that's something worthy of praise though. Is it a good thing or is that indicative of a lack of ability to change their style up? 

They couldn't really go mix it up and play like Morton given they are all about 5'4.  

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

If you have a style of play and you are really good at it, it’s up to the other team to counteract it and not switch off. It works for teams with limited resources that are short on quality so focus on working as a unit. Morton are probably the best example of it just now. 
If you start getting pumped however, there’s no way back. 

Bullen had the measure of Airdrie pretty much, one of the only teams his style of play worked against. We haven’t changed style that much under Brown but are carrying it out better and players look like they know what they are supposed to be doing. Individual errors are still killing us though. 

2-2 

Sticking to a style of play that you don't have the personnel for is sometimes a reasonable option if the assessment is that by changing the style you won't be any more successful, but will be less interesting to watch. Hull and Blackpool's stints in the Premier League are good examples. If you're going to get relegated anyway trying to shitfest it against teams worth 200 times what you are, you might as well go out and try to score four goals instead.

Airdrie probably have one of the lower budgets in this league but it's not a huge span outside of Dundee United. Other than their mysterious inability to beat the most predictable manager in the SPFL, it seems they have the personnel to play as they wish. Talking them up for it is just patronising.

Compare to Queens Park, who were playing suicideball even though they have plenty of money and did perfectly well until the final hurdle last season. Sticking with that was imbecilic and rightly resulted in the management getting unceremoniously dumped.

Edited by Thumper