2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Remove the need to apply for grace periods and allow clubs 2-3 years to comply, that's what I am saying. These clubs already have SFA licences remember, they know the process and requirements, they are audited yearly.  Giving them a proper amount of time to comply with a major change is a reasonable way to run a licence system.

Nobody knows if a grace period would be granted or how long it would be, perhaps that was part of Buckie's thinking, who knows. 

The SFA don't appear to have been deluged with Bronze applications from T5 clubs, the "whole show" is flawed and skewed to keeping the SPFL as much of a closed shop as possible as per the McMenemy example.

Generally agree.

One of the challenges is that licensing is a blunt instrument, so we don’t know whether Entry easily upgradeable (e.g. Cowdenbeath fans on here saying that their reduction from bronze to entry was because having a doctor at every game - home and away - was unaffordable outside the SPFL) or requires major expenditure on facilities. 

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Generally agree.

One of the challenges is that licensing is a blunt instrument, so we don’t know whether Entry easily upgradeable (e.g. Cowdenbeath fans on here saying that their reduction from bronze to entry was because having a doctor at every game - home and away - was unaffordable outside the SPFL) or requires major expenditure on facilities. 

I recall that when the SFA brought in floodlighting as an Entry level requirement, an EoS club were being audited 10 days later for their Entry level licence, no grace period allowed, so they were delayed a year getting a licence because they couldn't erect floodlights in 10 days!

Bonnyrigg almost got done for the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Remove the need to apply for grace periods and allow clubs 2-3 years to comply, that's what I am saying. These clubs already have SFA licences remember, they know the process and requirements, they are audited yearly.  Giving them a proper amount of time to comply with a major change is a reasonable way to run a licence system.

Nobody knows if a grace period would be granted or how long it would be, perhaps that was part of Buckie's thinking, who knows. 

The SFA don't appear to have been deluged with Bronze applications from T5 clubs, the "whole show" is flawed and skewed to keeping the SPFL as much of a closed shop as possible as per the McMenemy example.

If Buckie know the processes why did they completely dingy the process and reminders of the process that has now stopped them being promoted?

"Nobody knows if a grace period would be granted" except we do because you've been given numerous examples of clubs who are currently being given grace periods to complete things. 

We're not doing very well keeping it a closed shop considering Shire, Rovers, Cowden and Brechin have all disappeared yet to be seen again. I await you saying this has been achieved in spite of the conspiracy to keep all you horrible wee village sides in the doldrums. 

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're having a mare here and I don't know why. 

A: Any rule or regulation that obstructs maximum ventilation!!!111!!! between leagues every season triggers the pyramid anorak brigade on here. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

If Buckie know the processes why did they completely dingy the process and reminders of the process that has now stopped them being promoted?

"Nobody knows if a grace period would be granted" except we do because you've been given numerous examples of clubs who are currently being given grace periods to complete things. 

We're not doing very well keeping it a closed shop considering Shire, Rovers, Cowden and Brechin have all disappeared yet to be seen again. I await you saying this has been achieved in spite of the conspiracy to keep all you horrible wee village sides in the doldrums. 

You've completely ignored my point so we'll leave it there.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I recall that when the SFA brought in floodlighting as an Entry level requirement, an EoS club were being audited 10 days later for their Entry level licence, no grace period allowed, so they were delayed a year getting a licence because they couldn't erect floodlights in 10 days!

Things that didn't happen thread for this horse shite.

Perhaps Scottish cup entry requirements should also be brought in line with SPFL entry requirements to stop teams getting plumb ties at Celtic park but deliberately blocking the pyramid. 

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Things that didn't happen thread for this horse shite.

If you would like to go and ask the Haddington Athletic Secretary, I'm sure he will gladly fill you in on the story.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Does this open up the real possibility of people having to support East Kilbride or Clyde?

IMG_3703.gif

I'm hoping Stranraer finish bottom  now so that they can pump EK without me feeling bad.

41 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Generally agree.

The requirement of a doctor on site seems excessive, can’t see why having a minimum of two staff in each team holding a full first aid certificate (5 day course) as expected, the guys I work with who are part of the LL & EoS hold them.

This seems a definite overkill when I consider my industry were we daily use 10 tonne excavators, electric & Thermic welding at thousands of degrees but we are only required to hold emergency first aid (1 day course)

Edited by Clangers

9 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

I'm hoping Stranraer finish bottom  now so that they can pump EK without me feeling bad.

Would be happy with that. But then it brings the dilemma of hoping Clyde remain in League 2.

IMG_9041.gif

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Scrap the pyramid.

The thought of a good, honest league club like Stranraer losing their league status to a vanity project/glorified sports club and B team voter who have cruised into the final because some diddy, teuchter mob prefer being a big fish in a small pond is sickening. 

Close the door.

Scottish Football mentalism in a nutshell.......

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

The previous cut off level where a bronze licence was required before it was extended to the whole SPFL was the Championship. Cove were in it last season with an entry licence and Airdrie are in it now with an entry licence. Did these clubs apply for a grace period to achieve their bronze licence prior to 31 March in the seasons they won promotion, or were they just granted it without asking? If it's the latter I think it's reasonable to point out the double standard here, regardless of a) that not being an excuse for Buckie and b) everyone who is entry level needing to have applied for a grace period by 31 March 2024 if they want to remain in the SPFL in 2024/25.

So I assume Airdrie have been given the all-clear to compete in the Premiership play-off with just an Entry level licence?