Livi vs St. Mirren - 17th Feb

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Remonstrating is an understatement.

He had to be bodily dragged away by Gogic. He was wanting to kill someone.

Good to see Robbo raging; he absolutely should be.

You can see why Livvy haven’t won a game for so long; and we’re the suckers that stroll up and gift them a win.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 1-0
17 league games without a win eh? Last league win October 7th.
Fear not. 
I don't think we can have any complaints about the result to be honest. 
For me there is three main reasons we lost that game. Firstly is the lack of quality in the final third that has been evident all season. We got into numerous good positions and had several crosses into the box, nothing from them. Secondly is the dreadfully taken penalty by Mandron. I was surprised when Kiltie was hooked shortly before it, I can only assume that's a fitness thing as he's not the player you'd normally take off when needing a goal. He scored a pen at Easter Road a couple weeks of ago and he'd certainly have taken this one. Alas, that was Mandron first and last penalty for us. He actually went on and missed a chance in the 94th minute that was easier to score than the penalty. A literal tap in at the back post, wide. 
Thirdly, is poor goalkeeping. The goal is Hemming's fault and he almost cost us a second right after the pen with a terrible kick, he got lucky the subsequent long range effort wasn't on target. 
Seen a lot of talk about 4th this week, the reality is top six is far from assured. Both Aberdeen and Dundee gaining on us this weekend and both have games in hand. If we keep playing like that both of them are capable of over taking us. Big game at home St Johnstone next, three points needed. 

Aberdeen and Dundees games in hand are against each other so negates that slightly.  No doubt that's a blow today but far from fatal. Fakes at home next with the 4 top 6 challengers all playing each other so something has to give.

Our own fault for trying to play football on that pitch instead of just playing the long ball and missing out the midfield.

Also sod law that our pen taker was taken off before the pen, and the 1 player i have no faith in decided he was taken it.

Certainly was not surprised he even manged to miss an easier chance   🤔

4 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Our finishing is unreal. It was like there was an invisible force field keeping the ball away from Livingston's goals. I was philosophical about it long before the end. It was bordering on comedy.

Even discounting the penalty miss, I think 4 times in the second half we hit the ball narrowly by when it’d have been easier to score.

Livvy defenders also blocked a good few shots from the edge of the box.

Go there and get 21 shots on goal and we really should be taking at least one point away.

Just not our day.

Can understand and share the frustration but 3-1 or 4-1 would have been a fair reflection. We have missed 3 absolute sitters and a penalty.  No hiding it, it was a shite day. We need to get our heads down and move on.

We've no devine right to stroll up and beat anyone in this league and today is a stark reminder of that.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Can understand and share the frustration but 3-1 or 4-1 would have been a fair reflection. We have missed 3 absolute sitters and a penalty.  No hiding it, it was a shite day. We need to get our heads down and move on.

We've no devine right to stroll up and beat anyone in this league and today is a stark reminder of that.

Well said. 

1-0 was a fair reflection, we had 21 shots at goal and only 3 were on target. Livi had 6 shots on goal, 3 on target and most importantly 1 went in.

So 1-0 is a fair reflection, we were awful and our finishing was worse.

12 minutes ago, Torfason said:

1-0 was a fair reflection, we had 21 shots at goal and only 3 were on target. Livi had 6 shots on goal, 3 on target and most importantly 1 went in.

So 1-0 is a fair reflection, we were awful and our finishing was worse.

I think those stats are quite telling. Both keepers parried one out to the on rushing attacker and we got away with it (obviously he was a offside but it demonstrates the small margin). St Mirren were imprecise in final ball and finishing.

Haven’t seen anyone mention Stephen Kelly’s missed from 30-odd yards after intercepting that keeper pass. That was among the top chances in the game I’d say.

Edited by crispy

Just now, Dav nan Gael said:

Hearing it all got naughty outside the Stadium Bar after the match between the North Bank aggro and the Livi C3.

Any eyewitness to the latest edition of Scot Prem football factory ?

Don’t know anything about this.

I did mean to comment that the those North Bank boys did well to continue making noise in that second half. Not for the first time either from memory.

We've played an awful lot better than that and come away with nothing in the past month. I was worried St Mirren were going to stroll it after the first 15 minutes.

Still, Yengi, despite looking like an octopus on roller blades, had made a massive difference to our attack. Clear upgrade on Guthrie, and the resurgence of Nouble is coming at the right time.

The penalty, technically a pen. It's the kind of horseshit that VAR loves to give and wouldn't have been given a second thought a couple of years ago.

County next week is massive. Brb looking up flights to inverness

3 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Hearing it all got naughty outside the Stadium Bar after the match between the North Bank aggro and the Livi C3.

Any eyewitness to the latest edition of Scot Prem football factory ?

Added to our Manager getting into it with supporters and there was far more energy and excitement after the game 😂