The Dons v Motherwell

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Funnier if we win with them tbh. Same XI, but leather Aberdeen 2-0 again.

Was reminiscing about this the other day;

When we had three shots on target and won 3-0, very funny.

Christ I miss Joe Lewis. 

That kit was a belter as well. 

24 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Christ I miss Joe Lewis. 

Don’t know why. We have Kelly helping you along as a reminder of a goalie prone to blunders.

Friday hurt badly but is probably why it would not surprise me if we managed to get a positive result. To remind you how football often makes little sense.

Somehow we contrived to lose a game 2-1 with the opposition having only 1 shot on target. I mean recently it is 1 shot on target = 1 goal. I am delighted we managed to incomprehensibly top that. Even for Motherwell that is impressive.

Edited by welldaft

We had just got back from an emotionally draining energy cities derby victory against Viking Stavanger in the Europa League.

To use Robsonspeak - "I'll not use the excuse that the players were tired, but...."

Robinson clearly enjoys scudding us 3-0.

10 hours ago, well fan for life said:

If Warnock doesn't set up to put every single cross right onto Liam Kelly's forehead he's an idiot. 

I'd rip your hand off for a point tbh. 

Roos will be back in for this, so we could say the same to Kettlewell. 

5 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Hilarious.

We’ve ground out quite a lot of draws on the road recently where we’ve been unlucky not to win (St Mirren, Hibs and St J spring to mind). That 5 months stat is a joke though.

We were so poor on Friday that I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of the freak 3-0 away wins this fixture seems to have often just to make the cup exit even more annoying. 

Although Miovski will fancy scoring at least one.

I’d like at least one of the new wing backs to get a start and Vale or Nicholson in for Paton. I’d also start Halliday but not sure who I’d drop.

Edited by Gianfranco

Speaking to an Aberdeen fan the other day who advised me of their comparison for Neil Warnock: Griphook

Griphook holds the Sword of Gryffindor at Shell Cottage.

6 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

When was the last time we won away from home? I'm pretty sure it was against Hearts at the start of the season?

6 hours ago, dezz said:

Yup, 0-1 at Tynecastle on the 3rd of September. Over 5 months ago ... 

Remember when Ketts was unbeaten away from home? Pepperidge Farm remembers

The last of 4 games I’m missing for being out the country.  I’ve missed the whole Warnock thing, was his appointment well received?

Kettlewell keeps the same team until we lose then may make a change but unlikely to be too many.

BBC text in the airport for me again.

6 hours ago, welldaft said:

Don’t know why. We have Kelly helping you along as a reminder of a goalie prone to blunders.

It's somewhat nicer to remember the opposition goalie blundering than your own 😂

Aberdeen fans may correct me but Joe Lewis seemed to save his bad games for us. He looked perfectly capable against other teams when I saw him.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

The last of 4 games I’m missing for being out the country.  I’ve missed the whole Warnock thing, was his appointment well received?

Kettlewell keeps the same team until we lose then may make a change but unlikely to be too many.

BBC text in the airport for me again.

He changed the team that beat County last week for the Cup game and look what happened.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

He changed the team that beat County last week for the Cup game and look what happened.

Deploying Lennon Miller when he has been out the team or resting him when he has been in the team has fucked our involvement in cups this season.

9 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I have zero memory of this game. I watched most of our games during lockdown but most of them blur into nothingness now.

Joe Lewis gifting Motherwell a goal isn’t anything too out of the ordinary I guess. 

9 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

A proper embarrassment if we can’t win this game. 
Motherwell looked hopeless in the scudding dished out to them in the last contest at Fir Park between the 2 sides. 
And they play Andy fuckin Halliday, how desperate can they be? 

That's him scoring then

10 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I have zero memory of this game. I watched most of our games during lockdown but most of them blur into nothingness now.

COVID seasons are not canon, and did not exist.